12-19-2013 03:10 PM
For not being able to connect to your broadband service, and an issue with port (316). I have included the document 'How to Connect to the Internet'. This will take you through different troubleshooting options, using the automated tool, checking firewalls, and checking with your internet service provider (ISP).
If this document does not help to resolve the issue, please provide me with the full model number of your computer. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows you are running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.
05-13-2014 06:11 PM
Reset Internet settings
To prepare Windows for troubleshooting and to resolve most issues that are related to Internet browsing, reset Internet settings, as follows:
Close any open Internet Explorer windows.
Click Start (), Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet.
Network and Internet
Click Internet Options.
The Internet Properties window opens.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.
Reset button on the Advanced tab of the Internet Properties window
A Reset Internet Explorer Settings window opens.
Read the information on the screen, select Delete personal settings box, and then click Reset.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
After Windows resets the Internet Explorer setting, click Close.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)