Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (19,004 Views)

what is my network security key

what is my network security key,when i connect to wirless conection they will ask it

Provost
Message 2 of 10 (18,998 Views)

Re: what is my network security key

Hi,

Only you know what is it. You have to logon to your access point (AP) to find out OR you can setup a new one using this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-vista/Set-up-a-security-key-for-a-wireless-network

Note: You must know the old one or you can reset the whole thing like a brand new router by press the RESET pin. What is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 10 (12,380 Views)

I am entering my network security key # when asked while attempting to connect my printer to my network. However, the computer tells methat I have used the wrong security key #. I am sure I used the right #. What should I do to connect my printer to a network?

Associate Dean
Message 4 of 10 (12,375 Views)

[ Edited ]

jasonnisan wrote:

what is my network security key,when i connect to wirless conection they will ask it

That is on your router it has the SSID and password. If you setup the router you should know the password for it. Did you use the factory password or your own? You can always reset the router but the settings you saved will be gone.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Student
Message 5 of 10 (11,071 Views)

Re: what is my network security key for my HP wireless Printer ENVY4500 E-all in one

Where do I find it or recover it

Provost
Message 6 of 10 (11,024 Views)

Re: what is my network security key for my HP wireless Printer ENVY4500 E-all in one

Hi,

Please read my first reply.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 7 of 10 (7,085 Views)

Security key.. How do I get it if the package was thrown out
Provost
Message 8 of 10 (7,081 Views)

Lydia4 wrote:
Security key.. How do I get it if the package was thrown out

Hi,

It is yours, you set it up. You can throw out the box but after set it up it will stay in your router, not the box. Now, you have to set your router up yourself.

Note: Some ISP's may set the key for you and they MUST give you a card or a piece of paper which contanis the key. Otherwise ask them how to set it up.

Regards.

BH
Honor Student
Message 9 of 10 (7,080 Views)

Can't locate access to router
Provost
Message 10 of 10 (7,073 Views)

Lydia4 wrote:
Can't locate access to router

Hi,

Did you buy the router yourself or from your ISP ? If you bought it yourself, what is it ? If from your ISP them ask them

Regards.

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation