Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3050A ALL-IN-ONE J6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I updated / downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop, I can't connect to my printer; it is not even showing up as an option in Windows, even after I did a Windows UPDATE to search for my HP. How do I download a new driver? Is a new driver available for my HP DESKJET 3050A ALL-IN-ONE J611 SERIES PRINTER? Please don't tell me I need to buy a new printer...

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Download the driver from the printer Support page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J611/...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Download the driver from the printer Support page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J611/...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

It WORKED! Thank you for the link - the download went very smoothly and my printer is now happily accepting print jobs.

HP Recommended

This did not work on my computer. I bought a new asus laptop and it's on windows 10. The driver does not help. I can't scan. It says  "Computer not found. Ensure the HP software has been installed on the computer".

I can't tell how annoying this is. Going to the exam and then this problem with the printer. I'm not sure I'll buy a HP printer again.

HP Recommended

I use a windows 10 driver for hp deskjet 3050A all in one.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.