Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

the Properties of Windows® Mobility Center not available . i tried to turn it on from HP Connection Manager but it shows me disabled by wireless button. My wireless button sill on as i can see. even i have tryed this pressing that button sevaral times.

hp con.png

HP Recommended

Is the wireless button light amber or white? Are you pressing the button only or do you press the Fn key and the button to change it? IF so, does the light change each time?

It should be showing as white. IS this correct?

If you have not done so yet, restart the PC and go into the bios and reset it to Defaults.

• At startup, rapidly tap the Esc key and choose F10 for Bios setup.
  • Then choose F9 for Setup Defaults.
  • Choose Yes for Load Setup Defaults.
  • Choose F10 for Save and Exit and choose Yes, hit Enter.

The system will reboot.

Any luck? If not, I am running out of ideas.

Did you open the botton door and reseat the wifi card as I suggested earlier?

IF no luck still, all I can think of now is to possibly reinstal the OS with the HP recovery media. But this is only recommended as a last resort.

Did you ever create your recovery media as a safety backup?

If reinstalling the OS does not work, you have a physical failure, possibly the wifi card itself.

HP Recommended

Its working perfect now. Actually i used to presing wify key normly instead of FN+press. then i changed bios set up to normal press from  fn+ press  . After rebooting i succeed to turn on Wifi.

Thanks a ton. 🙂

HP Recommended

Ah, so it was the wifi button after all. Good to know it works.

If this was helpful, please mark it solved.

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.