Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (14,916 Views)

wirelss button won't turn on

The button just stays orange no matter how many times I click it.I have a Hp 2000-416Dx and right now all I can use is the ethernet.Itis really frustrating, considering I just bought this laptop a month ago.Just 2 hours ago it was working perfectly fine and suddenly it wouldn't work.

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 6 (14,907 Views)

Re: wirelss button won't turn on

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (14,905 Views)

Thank You SOOO much Smiley Very Happy it helped Thank you 

Associate Dean
Message 4 of 6 (14,904 Views)

Hi

I am Happy that the issue has been fixed and see you with the happy face.

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (452 Views)

Problem:

I struggled with the same problem for 2 years with my hp6530: the wireless kept getting deactivated after startup (and somehow I managed time and again to get it working again, without knowing how).

Solution:

the wireless button is NOT an F key; it is the actual little light "|"which is orange when deactivated. You should not touch any F key; you should touch the light which is ABOVE the F key.

Comment:

Now I could write a lot more about programming trolls who develop a system which 1. ignores usual user behaviour, thereby also ignoring an issue which, judging by the sheer number of help requests on the internet, causes much grief; 2. attribute a function to a button which is easily touched unintentionally and 3. completetely fail to advise users of their weird solution....

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (437 Views)

Unfortunately this is not the problem and the BLUE light that Goes Orange when turned off cannot be turn on (F12Key on the 3132TX)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation