Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-n003tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I am using a HP Pavilion notebook pc-15-n003tx.My operating system is windows 8.1 (64 bit). My wifi and bluetooth worked initially but now they are not working. Sometimes the light on the f12 button which indicates whether wifi is on or not, turns white and sometimes it stays red (during startup). Even if it turns white, my pc is not recognising any wifi networks. My bluetooth is not working at all. In "turn on wireless devices on or off"  I can't find my bluetooth at all. I have tried everything including refreshing my pc and re-installing the ralink bluetooth and wifi drivers several times. In device manager under "other devices" my blutooth controller and some other device "BT" are listed with an exclamation mark as shown below.

The hardware ID's for these devices are also shown below. What do I do? Can this be solved by some other driver. Please help. Thanks in advance.ss1.jpgss2.jpg

Screenshot (2).png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please try the steps below and check.

Step 1: BIOS update

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69887.exe

Step 2: Go to device manager >> uninstall the entry listed as BT and network adaptor wireless card

Use the latest drivers from the link below to download and install

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-n000-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model...

This should work, in case this fails post a picture of the device manager and the properties tab of the unknown devices

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Mr.SAFaheem

First of all I would like to thank you for replying and giving me solutions to my problem. But even though I have followed the procedure you have mentioned in your message, there is no change in my wifi and blutooth adapters, except that a device "BT" has disappeared from my device manager. My bluetooth and wifi are still not working.

I am enclosing screenshots of my device manager and properties of the bluetooth controller as you told in the message.

Thank you.ss3.jpgss1.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello,

The wireless module not detected in device manager indicates hardware or connection issues.

We can run the component test diagnostics to confirm functionality.

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  • The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) home page displays.
  • Select component test and run the test for the wireless card

If the card shows as failed then it needs to be replaced, if it shows as not detected then we might have to reseat the wireless module.

Click HERE for user guide and scroll to page 49 for detailed steps on reseating the wireless card.

PS: If the printer is in warranty you may call the HP phone support to check the warranty repair and service options.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the bluetooth controller...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_139921_1

Try updating the driver for the wireless card...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_142231_1#tab1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.