Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi,

i am using HP pavilion intel core i5. been using for about 7 months with no problem at all until 1 month ago.

when i turn the lappy off, the powe button's light is always on and it takes one to two days before I can turn it on again. when it is turned on, i noticed the F12  button's light is always on too and I encounter problems in opening applications. it hangs oftentimes.

I guess more or less I have the same probs with Jay25. the lappy would not boot but displays a black screen.

what seems to be the problem here? any advice please and guide me accordingly.

thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue,wifi icon always appear as disable.pls advice

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

First u have to do some tough job....

-->IF you installed the HP Hotkey Utility Driver installed, then uninstall it first.

-->Click the network Panel (monitor icon) in the taskbar.

-->Set Airplane Mode to OFF

-->Set Wi-Fi to ON

-->Restart your PC with the Wi-Fi ON

-->Now the thing that happens after your PC restarts, if you keep the airplane mode to ON the Wi-Fi stays OFF and if you keep the airplane mode to OFF Wi-Fi turns back ON. That means your Wi-Fi adapter is working properly. But the F12 button still doesn't work as the driver is not installed.

-->go to this link,    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59835.exe

-->download the HP Hotkey Utility Driver and install it..and see the magic..everything works fine.

Actually the main thing is that the airplane mode has to be always ON to keep the WiFi OFF and if you press Fn+F12 now the Airplane mode will turn OFF and Wi-Fi will turn ON or vice versa.

That's it...I think this will help...Thanx a lot.

Maruf

HP Recommended

I am having same problems here. Just bought my HP15 laptop for school . Its still spring15 and I am not even done with a semester yet. The laptop just went blank on me. The F12 light kept changing from White to Orange. The only thing that pops up is Airplane mode on or off. Please help me. I am in desperate assistance as all my school work,assignments,books are in here. Exams is fast is just in some weeks.

HP Recommended

This happens when the wifi wires that are connected to the wifi chip or whatever it is connected to are loosend if you have hp g6 then just open the back cover u will see the wifi chip or whatever it is called just press the connection so that the wires are clamped and are not losened then then check 

HP Recommended

very same problem with new computer

HP Recommended

I had the same issue on my HP laptop.  The solution was to update the bios to the latest version from the HP website and now F12 turns wi-fi on and off and toggles airplane mode with it.  BTW this is with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi I dont know if you still check here. I just bought a new laptop and upgraded to windows 10. Have the same problem.

Just wanted to know how you got internet to update the new bios from the site if your wifi didnt work. Did you use an ethernet connection or something. or is there some other way to do this??...please reply soon if you can..appreciate it

HP Recommended
Hi,
Yes i connected directly with ethernet. Another way would be to download on a seperate computer with Internet and transfer via USB.
HP Recommended
Plz can anyone help i just change my mother setting of hp250 laptop and after it its just blank and going off automatically after few seconds and indicate only f12
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.