Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry, but I thought I DID outline the steps ...

The info you found enables you to download an updated version of HP Recovery Manager.

But, as I said, that is only PART of the solution.

That tool also needs the compressed OEM Windows imge file present on the PC's hard drive in order to do a full recovery, and (as far as I know), the download does NOT include that image file.

In fact, HP had previously released this thread indicating that, once the Win10 November Update got applied to PCs that were Upgraded to Win10, their Recovery Manager would no longer work: HP Recovery Manager Blocked After Windows 10 Upgrade - HP Support Forum - 5170752

So, yes, the new Recovery Manger would probably run once you upgraded it.  And, depending on what was included with the download, it might even be able to do things like diagnostics, but without the compressed image file, it's NOT going to be able to do a full system restore.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

But how are we going to get the windows key in case we choose to reset using the iso

HP Recommended

How can I determine for certain,  if I have HP Recovery Manager for Windows 10 on my netbook?

I  am a bit unsure now , from conflicting information I have seen (....or I am confused!!!)...and suspect I dont need it with Windows 10 ? as windows 10 will do it all anyway???

I am familiar with the RESET and other functions of windows 10 and it is good but just not needed it on my new HP netbook. But would like to be fully prepared for any problems....

Note: I have looked in windows Settings Apps & Features but cannot see HP recovery manager, and search ssd drive. I am just wondering if it is actually on the ssd somewhere & not installed but can use it if necessary?. Thanks.

Thanks for your interesting article and would like to try out some of it but just want a bit more info before rushing into it.

HP Recommended

update:

After my last post...I have just discovered the HP recovery manager is on my net book. I am not sure why I couldnt see it in the windows settings apps & features (ie programs installed) but found it and now know where to find it.

so very pleased I have it to try out, as well as your method.

Thanks again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.