Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Jsanchez1221 wrote:
Do you know the general difference between Paragon OS to SSD and Drive Copy?

Paragon OS to SSD is a new version. I haven't tried it yet as I have the  Drive Copy installed under Windows 10. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico, first thanks to your post and guide, is very usefull.

I wanted to ask you,

i have a Hp Pavilion n234sl (i7 4200U + 8GB Ram + Nvidia GeForce n740m). I want to add an SSD to speed up the windows. But i would also not loose my hard drive (750gb for all my photos and video ect).

There is a possibility to ADD a SSD, install on this the Windows and keep both the hard drives?

In short: SSD - Windows partition

Toshiba Hard drive 750gb  - Store my files there

is that possible to keep both hard drives?

thank in advance and with best regards

Matteo

HP Recommended

@Mat-MC wrote:

Erico, first thanks to your post and guide, is very usefull.

I wanted to ask you,

i have a Hp Pavilion n234sl (i7 4200U + 8GB Ram + Nvidia GeForce n740m). I want to add an SSD to speed up the windows. But i would also not loose my hard drive (750gb for all my photos and video ect).

There is a possibility to ADD a SSD, install on this the Windows and keep both the hard drives?

In short: SSD - Windows partition

Toshiba Hard drive 750gb  - Store my files there

is that possible to keep both hard drives?

thank in advance and with best regards

Matteo

Thanks.

The identification of your notebook is incomplete. There should be an numeric identifier between  Paviliion and n234sl. Without it, I really can't comment on what is feasible. 

If it is the 15-n234sl  model that is at the folowing link, then installing two hard drives is not viable. There is only space inside for a single SSD or legacy spinner hard drive. 17 inch notebook models like the 17" Envy series have space for two hard drives.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6529948/model/6796451/manuals

The prices for SSD drives has dropped so you might consider usinhg a 500 GB  or 1TB SSD.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico thank for your answer..

sorry i forgot to write that yes, is the model HP Pavilion 15 N234sl.

I will look into the prices of the ssd. You as an expert can suggest a good one? I mean that Price/Quality is good (not expensive)

thanks Erico

HP Recommended

If you have an optical drive it can be removed and an SSD added in its place using a conversion kit.  Not an expensive job, fairly easy and the optical drive can be converted for external usage.

HP Recommended

I have a number of them ranging from an older OCZTechnology 60GB SSD to a Samsung EVO 500GB unit.

My preference is the Samsung EVO SSD drives.  

There is always a bit of a shootout between Intel and Samsung iSSD products n the PC enthusiast arena for fastest write and read bandwidth.  

Pricewise the Samsung EVO 500GB is reasonable. A more inexpensive, although slower, only in relative terms, are the Crucial SSDs. I have a Crucial 120 GB SSD disk.  

If you are considering the remove the optical drive option and installing a third party caddy, you should put the legacy hard drive there and the SSD in the legacy drive's current physical position. That is because of possible boot issues you may face.

HP Recommended
Thank Erico for all your answer and informations...When i will have enought time will dedicate to the Ssd work..
All the best and with best regards
Matteo
HP Recommended

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, I couldn't find it if it is.

I have a 15-d035dx laptop and am trying to add an SSD in replacement of the optical drive.

The problem I am having is that when I have it installed, the machine will not boot to the primary hard drive anymore which has windows 10.  I have boot order set to os manager first.  It comes up with the spinning circle and just goes on forever.  If I look at system info through the bios (F2) it shows both the primary HDD and the SSD.

I order to get it to boot to the primary I have to turn 'CD/ROM boot' to enabled in the Bios.  Then it boots,but windows can't see the SSD.  The F2 system info also then only sees the HDD.

The SSD is now empty and I want to boot to the HDD and then migrate the HHD to the SSD and then change it to boot to the SSD.

Any ideals?

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

I used an SSD to optical drive conversion.  I never had the problem you mentioned though.  So I am guessing here a bit.  Try prepping the SSD so it can be recognised by windows.  By that I mean format the drive on another computer or in an external hard drive converter.  A case that a hard drive can be placed in and used over USB or inside a desktop.  Migrating to the SSD first then wiping the original Hard Drive is better as it will prevent the same copy of windows being on the system twice causing one drive to go offline.

HP Recommended

We bought an Envy 14t-j100. Can we swap out 1T HDD for 512G SSD. I read through the online manuals and all replacement drives listed are HDD. Looks like 2.5" bay. How do I find list of acceptable SSD replacements. I had heard that HP used non-standard connectors. Is that true?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.