Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can't find date before  update , just few days ago or later than

what can i do to restore ?

plz help me

HP Recommended

Thank you,

I'm not sure how, but it seems this workaround fixed my problem on my Dv7-6195us

HP Recommended

After applying the "Listen to this device" trick the sound worked perfectly. However, upon restarting the same problems continued. The only way to resolve this a second time was to uncheck the "Listen to this device" box, reclick, and re-apply...

There has to be some kind of permanent solution to this problem.

HP Recommended

The reason why they stopped working is because something is stuck in the headphone jack making it think there are headphones plugged in. You can use a toothpick or something to try to fix it, but I couldn't fix mine.

HP Recommended

it's same with my lap need help plz

while i used magicjack there are some sound but not well

kindly reply me

HP Recommended

applying the "Listen to this device" trick the sound worked out, but is there any CORRECT soution to this problem?

HP Recommended

" something is stuck in the headphone jack" isn't the case as for example Skype sounds are fine, so Skype doesn't think there is smth in the jack, so the reason is definately in the crappy IDT driver

HP Recommended

hp support should assist.

system restore wont solve the problem

audio driver re-install does not help

HP Recommended

still actual, any ideas pls?

HP Recommended

We have just experienced exactly the same problem on an HP Elitebook 8760w.After a driver update from HP or Microsoft (customer believes it to be HP),the sound went away.The taskbar icon says no output device is selected.The troubleshooter cannot correct the issue.The HP support staff was convinced it was a hardware problem and sent us a new PC.With the standard install, sound works.Once you put the actual image of the other PC back, same problem: no sound. System restore was not possible: the restore points prior to the incident where gone.Driver roll back is greyed out. We have already spent hours on this.

I am convinced it is a wrong driver issue,but how do we solve it.Reinstalling older drivers from the HP website did not solve the issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.