Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi! Paul, Thanks for the help!

But it shows "This operating system is not supported"

HP Recommended

is it relate to audio driver? because there is no sound out.

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is not related to the audio.

Try tricking the driver to install.

Click on the PCI Simple Comms Controller in the device manager.

Then click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver.

Select the "Browse my computer for Software method," and browse to the driver installation folder that was extracted when you ran the file.

It is located in C:\SWSetup\sp34743.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If it doesn't, try the Windows 7 HECI driver from the dc7800 CMT (or you can try this one first if you want).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

The audio driver you can get directly from Realtek.  Accept the agreement. Download and install the first driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

It doesn't look like HP did a very good job supporting the dc7700 for Windows 7 by only providing a portion of the necessary drivers you need.

I hope this now takes care of both of these issues for you.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks! Paul

The PCI Simple problenm solved. I am work on audio. looks like the download link busy, I will try late and let you know if it solved. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I just tested all 3 USA sites and the HK site.  Those work fine. 

The UK and CN sites seem to be hung up, so just try one of those 4 sites.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thanks for the help! I have successful installed audio drive. However, it still didn't have sound out, the speaker sign in the Desktop had red marker and display "No speaker od headphone plugged in", I do have the speaker plug in the back. Do you thinks it is hardware problem? BTW, Is possible you can give me the configuration of the front panel in the motherboard (404673-001)? Because all the cables are losed from the front panel.

Very appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is possible the audio hardware is bad. You can just buy a cheap audio card and that will fix that.

Sorry, but I do not have any info on wiring schematics.

HP doesn't have any manuals for that either.

Paul

HP Recommended

hi paul,

thanks alot for your support.

my hp 630 has the same problem. no drivers for PCI device.

hardware id's

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3674103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3674103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF00

kindly direct me to a link where i will get these drivers.

finally tell me if lack of these drivers is what is making my printing work on a hp printer deskjet 1000 is having a problem. i.e its printing so slowly, with pauses..

regards

pnjukiaz

HP Recommended

Hi, pnjukiaz:

That woul dbe the realtek card reader needing drivers.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.