Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lots of infore: sleep/hibernation, but nothing that seems to address the matter of Bluetooth disappearing from Settings after PC goes to sleep and then wakes up.

I loaded both the Broadcom and Intel bluetooth drivers from earlier suggestion/links, but neither show up under Device Manager although each say they were appropriately installed.  Ditto with reinstalling/updating Realtek driver...which is the only one showing in Settings.

Interestingly, under Bluetooth (in the listing of all devices under Device Manager) four items now show - Magic Box II (my speaker); Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator; Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator; as well as the originally showing Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter...not sure where the first three came from as I'd not seen them before (although Magic Box II had been connected on prior uses).  But again, they all disappear once PC goes to sleep and then later wakes up.  Not sure what the Enumerator items are/what they are for...but obviously haven't made any difference re: "the problem".

Can't believe I'm the only one ever having this issue with the Stream HP PC; unless no one else has used forums.  Oh well....

HP Recommended

Hi @bobpetow,

Did the bluetooth issue occur from beginning with Windows 10 or later after any update installed?

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Can't really say...as I upgraded to Windows 10 when Microsoft issued upgrade several months ago; but only just recently (past couple weeks) began using bluetooth with a new speaker recently purchase.d..thus, has been accurring since I began using bluetooth.

Bob

HP Recommended

Hi @bobpetow

Please make sure you have done following steps:

Change the Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.

1. In Control Panel, select Administrative Tools, and then open Services.

2. Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.

3. Click Stop to stop the service from running.

4. Change the Startup Type to Manual, and click OK.

Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver

1. Download the MEI driver from here: 9.5.24.1790 1.5M

2. Install the MEI driver. If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.

Run troubleshooter package

1. Download the Windows 10 Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter package.

2. Run the troubleshooter package, and hide updates to the MEI driver.

Doing this blocks your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the MEI driver.

Reset the Update Services setting

- Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Restart your computer

- Restart your computer to complete the process.

If the bluetooth issue persists, let me know.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.