Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone!

I have a  tx2-1024ca and now whenever I move the lid/screen downwards towards the keyboard and it gets past a 45 degree angle it starts flickering and getting lines on it and then if I keep moving it the whole screen just stops operating. It comes back on when I move the screen back upward to a usual position though. Is the wiring getting worn out at the hinge part maybe?

[edit]: also it works fine when I turn it around and bring it down on top of the keyboard in the reversed manner.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yes, you guessed it right. I think LCD/Display cable is having some sort of loose connection or has gone faulty causing this issue on the Notebook. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

How much money and how much time would think it would cost to replace?

HP Recommended

I would not be able to give any info about charge of repair or amount of time to have this fixed as it depends on a lot of factors. If you have some knowledge in disassembling laptops, you can refer service manual over here else you can contact HP.

This is a peer to peer forum and members over here help each other voluntarily . Please refer below link in order to Contact HP
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! I never even expected a reply! :D.

HP Recommended

Sorry for delayed response. Hope you would get your problem fixed in earliest time 🙂

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Hi There,

I have dv7-1242 nr, I had done the troubleshootinh and i turned good, once I turn of it black again.

I gave up for 7 days and did the same, it turned good and normal.

I gave up and tried again and failed.

Do you have any luck to fix yours? thanks for your input, in advance!

And how much the cost? again thanks.

HP Recommended

when you turn the laptop off or turn the screen in a certain direction? If it's turning the computer on and off, you have a different problem than me. I haven't had a  chance to fully back up my stuff and reformat it to bring it in to be fixed (I don't want my hard drive getting wiped and losing things). But when I do I'll post back here.

HP Recommended

If the screen is going totally black, try pointing a flash light at it. If you can see the display when you point a flashlight, then you need to replace the inverter. Inverter is a little board on the bottom of the LCD panel.

If it is just causing display issues (lines, flicker, blank/frozen, etc.) when you move the screen, then it is likely the flex cable that connects the display to the main board.

😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.