Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@JayParmar wrote:
@Spicemaster01

Thanks! Downloading now. I might have already used this, but I'll give it another go. This time, I've removed all instances of the AMD software. I've just noticed that having done so, Windows 8 is recognising it as a 7400M. How odd.

Should I uninstall the device from Device Manager anyhow, restart then install the driver you just provided? Have you had any success with it?

Cheers!

@JayParmar 100% works for me

no need to uninstall the card from device manager

Install the software

check fixed mode in bios and probs will be gone.:)

HP Recommended

This has only been tested on the HP Evny-15 3033CL, and is only meant for the HP Envy-15 3000 series!

Use at your own risk, and considered warned that this has only been tried on my machine!

Those who find their brightness maxed 100% without the ability to change after installing Windows 8 and the HP Windows 8 AMD SG drivers, please see here:

Fix:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EE83EB3BE6087DFE!4928&authkey=!ANOLNHTDPbEg1qc

Default:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EE83EB3BE6087DFE!4927&authkey=!AIckLWYuoGw-9NA

There is a reghack to fix it, and one to put it back to defaults (for the HP Envy 15 3000 series anyway).  Reinstalling the drivers will also reinstate the default values.  This reghack also fixes my backlit keys turning back on from resuming sleep.

Take note HP:  I have figured out in a few hours what your internal testers could not figure out in a month.  Consider beta drivers for the public next time.

HP Recommended

Just to let people know, my Windows 8 installation now has the ability to switch graphics cards. I have tried various installation methods with all these different HP, AMD and 3rd party driver packages, but nothing was working. I downloaded 'sp58788.exe' again, but this time, completely uninstalled EVERYTHING associated with AMD, restarted and made sure there were no instances left on the computer. My dedicated graphics card, AMD Radeon HD 6490M, was appearing alongside the embedded card Intel 3000HD, but as a '7400M'. Not sure why, but I proceeded to perform a fresh install with the package and it works just fine.

A 'bug' which I have noticed carried on from 7 is that when the AMD card is on and you boot your machine, it takes several minutes to get to the login screen and more time to load up to the desktop. When booting with the embedded Intel card, I can get to the desktop from OFF in less than 30 second (amazing improvement Microsoft, I have to say!), so don't forget to swtich back to 'Power Saving' card before you shutdown!!

Credit to @Spicemaster01 for showing me the door.

HP Recommended

Hello everybody. I've a dv6-6160se (Intel HD 3000 + AMD Radeon 6770M). My BIOS version is F.1B. I can choose fixed mode through BIOS setup and use my AMD (My previous BIOS version was F.1A and this option also was available, selectable and fully functional). But I don't want to choose fixed mode because I want to enjoy using switchable feature of my laptop. I want to know if any professional has created a driver (or customized and modified an old official driver) for Intel HD 3000 and 6770M combination.

Thank you all.

HP Recommended

You can still use SG on Fixed Mode.  It will just not change per application, and instead per power state.

This is a better way as well, because it gives better battery life.

I can get 2.5 hours on Dynamic Mode, and 4.5 on Fixed.

HP Recommended

The problem with the driver HP Pavilion g6-1252sr    Radeon HD6470M + Intel HD http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59147.exe

img.png

HP Recommended

@Goin2010 I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Pavilion dv7 4102,windows 8 x64 Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650& HD4200,work only 5650,4200 disable. Switch not work( 

HP Recommended

Hi all

could someone explain to me why it says " solved " on the first post ???

are the drivers out yet ? the official HP drivers for windows 8?

HP Recommended
No(
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.