Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8560p
Bios: 68SCF ver.F.6.1
Modem: Agera Systems HDA Modem
HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile
Network: Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced-N 6205
Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

I have upgraded HP Elitebook 8560p from Windows7 (64-bit) to Windows 10. The upgrade process was succesfully. Later on I noticed, that Wifi and internal 3G-modem doesn't work. Sametime I noticed, that old HP Connection Manager was uninstalled (or lost?).

The problem is mainly this: Wifi -and internal 3G-modem connections doesn't work. I noticed, that wifi-button has color of "orange" and button doesn't work at all? I cannot change Wifi-status settings in OS-level from Off to On. This is why assume that wifi module is on "off"" -state. I found Driver package SP7107 (Wifi button driver for Windows 10) and I tried to install it. The installion failed due InstallDriver_64, location failed. (In finnish language. Toiminto InstallDriver_64, sijainti c:\...\WirelessbuttonDriver.inf" /installdrv /force). Is there manual instructions to install driver?

I am very confused and I don't really know, what is root cause of wifi -and internal 3g-modem issues. I assume, that wifi-button doesn't work is root case.

Can somebody clarify, why there is no anymore HP Connection Manager on Windows 10 and I tried to install, but installation cancelled due wrong OS. How I can handle wifi -and 3g-modem states without it?

Can somebody help?

Big Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sip2sip

Uninstall the hot key and Wireless button driver

Reboot

open the device manager run the dirver update

should not go this

download the connection manager

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66235.exe

install the Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Sip2sip

Install first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe

Please uninstall theHP Connection Manager 

for Windows 10 install Wi-Fi HotSpot Pro

HP Wireless Hotspot Software   and the HP Connection Manager  not works with Windows 10

uninstall the old HP Hotkey Support

reboot install the driver

the last 6502 driver

open the device manager and run the device driver update 

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Firmware

Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Drivers

WWAN installation

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.
  2. Click View in top bar and select Devices by connection.

3. Find the USB Composite Device that WWAN device included and select it, then right-click Update Driver Software....

4. Under Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller > USB Root Hub > Generic USB Hub, find the USB Composite Device that the hs2340 HSPA is listed under it, then right-click the USB Composite Device (b), and then select Update Driver Software... (c).

5. Choose Browse my computer for driver software, then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Check Show compatible hardware, then select USB Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Module, and then click Next.
  7. Click the scan for hardware changes button (a) in top Ba Scan for hardware changes

Update the WWAN driver to the latest version available on

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for detailed information to solve issue.

Install first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe [Done-no problems]

for Windows 10 install Wi-Fi HotSpot Pro  [Done-no problems]

HP Wireless Hotspot Software   and the HP Connection Manager  not works with Windows 10 [Done-there wasn't Connection manager or Wireless HotSpot software in computer]

uninstall the old HP Hotkey Support [Done-permission problems. I had to use administrator account to uninstall it]

reboot install the driver [Done-no problems]

the last 6502 driver [Done-no problems]

open the device manager and run the device driver update [Did you meant use Device Manager or I assume to install following installation packages?]

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Firmware [Failed to regonize modem]

Ericsson-error.jpg

Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection [Done-no problems]

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Drivers  [Done-no problems]

WWAN installation [Issue, I could find  USB Composite Device..}

DeviceManagerNo-USB_Composite_device.jpg

Do meant this Device Manager (Devices by Type)?

DeviceManagerDevicesByType.jpg

Can you clarify these WWAN settings? Still Wireless-button doesn't work....

Big thanks!

HP Recommended

sip2sip

for the WWAN connection read the 8 information and settings

i think you had the APN settings

HP Notebook PCs - Connecting to a Cellular Broadband Wireless Network (WWAN)

WWAN check your provider homepage for a APP Mobile Broadband

Hokey

please  uninstall the old

think the newest works

Optional:

Last UEFI 5.8.2.0 Rev.A(16 Jul 2015)

Power Media Player Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71924.exe

HP Universal Camera Driver

HP Recommended

Thanks!

The root cause is wireless button, I assume. On Windows 10 I cannot enable Wifi-adapter or 3G-adapter. When I started to upgrade to Windows 10 both were turned off from HP Connection Manager. Now there is not anymore HP Connection Manager available and notebook's physical wireless button doesn't work.

I have uninstalled all HP software from this computer expect printers drivers and software. 

Now I have installed HP Support Assistant 8.0.29.6

I tried to install SP73000.exe (Wireless button driver) and installation ends to following error (look picture).

20151012SP7300-Error-Installation.jpg

What components (software) are needed for wireless button driver?

HP Recommended

Sip2SSIP

Install the .net framework / Program Futures

after install reboot

run Windows update

uninstall all wireless button driver

reboot

install the last HP Hotkey Support

HP Recommended

What .Net version? Following versions are installed.

20151012DotNet.jpg

HP Recommended

control Panel > Turn Windows Feature on or off >open up .net framwork 3.5 (includes .net 2.0 and 3.0) and 4.5 tick both

HP Recommended

Now computer has .Net 3.5 also.

20151012WindowsFeatures.jpg

I managed to install HP Hotkey sofware (SP71790). First installation caused issue, but repair-mode worked. HP hotkeys are working 🙂

I have these HP softwares installed on my notebook.

20151012HPSoftware.jpg

I try to install HP Wireless button Driver (SP73000), but it gives still some error on finnish language 😉 

20151012SP7300-Error-Installation.jpg

Has anybody any clue how to solve this wireless button issue or has instructions how setup manually driver?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

install the 4.5 net framework

HP hotkeys are working uninstall the HP Wireless button Driver 

hot keys supports the keyboard function

for picture posting use the insert button

finnish language

install the us or russian packet

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

install the new HP SoftPaq Download Manager

wait for drivers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.