Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I've had this HP computer for just a few months and it seems to be having problems. Yesterday my HP laptop charger won't work, i looked at the battery icon the the bottom right corner and it doesn't say the charger is connected. Also i checked the light beside the laptop the indicates if its charging or not and the light wasn't there. To be more specific on what's really happenning, when i check the wires and re connect the charger to the computer it seems to charge again, but when i wait a minutes to see if the problems is okay the charging stops. The bottom left battery icon says its not connected to the charger and also the light beside the computer isnt on. Also when i close the computer and reconnect the charger it seems to charge normally but when i open the laptop back on the charging stops, and when i close it thinking it might starts charging again it doesn't. please help. 😞

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please click on the web link given below might resolve your issue.

Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter

If this does not work please contact HP technical support and get the New Ac Adapter that will fix your issue.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards,

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

for some reason now the computer is charging, but it doesnt show the bettery icon as charging but when i click the battery icon it shows that its 100% fully charged. to let you know what i see http://vvcap.net/db/_xb-CVt58MSzSEDyEys-.htp . im still not sure of its the ac  adapter or the battery yet. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Plese try these steps given in the web link given below.

Calibrating the Notebook Battery

How to Improve the Performance of the Battery

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

Regards,

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

i have recalibrated the laptop battery and the ac adapter still refuses to charge, what are my options now with dealing with this situation? the light beside the lap top glows white then red then white again and complitely disappears. i have tried disconnecting it and connecting again, same thing happens. can i just buy another ac power adapter? like a universal one?

HP Recommended

It depends on your power settings in the bios. On the older Precisions I've had them setup to use full power and they
refused to even recognize a 65W adapter was plugged in until you turn on all kinds of power saving and throttling options.
However once you shut them down they will charge just fine off a 65W adapter.

There's more to this than 65W vs. 90W. If that had been the only difference, you would not be having a problem. In
selecting a charger unit, you need to make sure several items match up:
1. Is the charger unit supplying AC or DC to the laptop? MUST be same as specified for the original charger.
2. Type of battery in the laptop. Many chargers are designed for a particular battery type and supply exactly the right
voltage and charging rate (current) for that. Some even are "programmed" to alter the charging rate depending on the state
of the battery's charge. All have a limit on the battery's maximum voltage to avoid over-charging. All of these are
important, and that's why using the wrong charger can cause trouble.
3. Polarity of the connector - MUST be the same as original.
4. Voltage MUST be the same.
5. Wattage MUST be at least as much as the original charger, can be higher without problems.
6. Max amps must be at least as much as the original, can be higher.
7. Connector on the end of the charger cord - must be the same size pins and spacing so that it fits the connector in your
laptop without damaging it.

Try to move the battery and let the ac adapter plug in. If it charges the laptop intermittently, it is likely that there is something wrong with your adapter. Or you can use your adapter to work with another laptop to confirm.
Or you replace a new laptop charger.
http://www.eachbatt.com/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.