Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Unfortunately, even the 1177 driver doesn't fix the tab corruption issue entirely. What does help is to disable visual effects via the Advanced System Settings dialog box (Google it if you don't know where to look).

I leave the font smoothing and full window drag options on but disable everything else. Seems to help and makes Windows 10 sort of tolerable on the x2.

RCK
HP Recommended

Hello!

Could you help with the WIFI driver for Win 10? I can't find it(

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

HP ENVY x2 11-g010nr

sku: C2K61UA

I've had my HP Envy X2 for a while now, and it does work well. I was very disappointed that it did not support an active stylus, but it's still a decent machine for light duty.

I'm glad I was able to take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade period. There were a few hiccups, but eventually, through reading these forums, it did settle down, but still a few little problems, especially with the Intel graphics drivers.

And then the Windows 10 Anniversary update seemed to make things a little better.

But then the Windows 10 Creator Update seemed to break the HP Envy X2. While it ran okay, it started corrupting Windows because it would not shut down or reboot properly. Kept getting BSOD showing "IRQ Not Less or Equal ..." message. Spent a lot of time trying to track down the problem, but gave up and tried to do a Refresh, which did not clear the problem. Then did a total Wipe and reinstall of Windows 10 Creator Update from USB install (downloaded from Microsoft Windows 10 update site via Media Creation tool).

During installation, the dock keyboard and mouse may not be recognized, so you might need an extra USB mouse and keyboard handy during installation. I ended up using the USB flash drive and mouse during initial installation, then after Windows installed, removed flash drive and used the USB keyboard and mouse to continue. Then swapped keyboard for USB flash drive with device drivers. Then after reboot, the dock keyboard and touchpad should be usable.

Booted from USB, Selected Windows 10 Home 32bit install, deleted all Partitions, let Windows re-partition as needed, then selected install to Primary partition. Installation went okay, and had to use another computer to download the HP device drivers (for Windows 8/8,1)  to reinstall.  The device driver install was not automatic, for some reason the setup programs couldn't run, but I was able to go into Device Manager, and use "Update Driver" for those unknowns, pointing to the HP driver folders (C:\SWSETUP), then Windows was able to figure out the drivers.

But I was still getting the BSOD with the same "IRQ Not Less or Equal" message. So something in Windows 10 Creator Update was doing it. I repeated the installation 2 more times, with the same results.

So, I decided to try to reinstall using the Windows 10 Anniversary update version. Unfortunately, I did not have a copy of it saved, and didn't have MSDN access, but did find the instructions on how to manually download it. Basically use Chrome to emulate an iPad which allowed you to choose to download the Anniversary Update version ISO. Then followed instructions to convert ISO to bootable USB drive.  

Once I had everything ready, I reinstalled Windows 10 Anniverary Update, reinstalled HP device drivers, and had a stable Windows 10 installation again. I still had the Intel graphics problem where text and boxes would not show properly.

I found out that Intel had possible compatible drivers to use. I used the Intel driver update utility to check the HP Envy X2, and it displayed driver updates for the Intel Compute stick PC as compatible. Downloaded that, and installed it, and it seemed to fix the display problem.

So, now I have  a refreshed stable Windows 10 environment on my HP Envy x2. I just have to be careful now, when Microsoft decides to push out the next major update, it may go back and cause the same problems I had with the Creator Update BSOD.

Anyway, if you want to try this, here are my steps:

Backup your files and catalog your apps/programs for reinstallation.

Have extra USB keyboard and USB mouse handy in case you need them.

Download all the HP Envy x2 drivers for Windows 8/8.1, they all appear to be compatible with Windows 10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-x2-11-g000/5296226/model/5330111?sku=C2K61U...

Save all driver files to a USB flash drive to reinstall after Windows 10 reinstall.

Download Windows 10 Anniversary Edition using Chrome and Developer tools settings:

http://www.askvg.com/tip-get-direct-download-links-of-windows-10-iso-from-microsoft/

Basically, use Chrome, press f12 for Developers Tools, choose Emulate iPad, then go to Microsoft windows 10 download page, where you can now choose Anniversary edition.

Download the Anniversary Edition ISO file, then use any tool to convert ISO to USB Bootable flash drive.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-tools-make-bootable-usb-iso-file/

You might need USB mouse at this point.

Set your Envy to boot from USB, press ESC as it boots, and hit F9 to choose Boot device. Choose USB drive, and Windows installation will start. Choose Windows 10 Home 32 bit.

You can erase all partitions, and let Windows set up new partitions, then install Windows 10 on Primary partition.

After 30 minutes or so, Windows installation should complete and go through the initial setup steps.

You may need to swap USB flash drive (Windows install) to use USB keyboard now.

Once initial setup is completed and you are at the desktop, unplug USB keyboard, pop in the other flash drive and install the device drivers. They should all go into default location at C:\SWSETUP. They may try to run SETUP, but it will usually fail.

Once all device driver files are installed to C: SWSETUP, then go in to DEVICE MANAGER and locate all the UNKNOWN DEVICES.

For each one, right-click and UPDATE DRIVER. Point to C:\SWSETUP and choose Search subfolder. Click OK, and it should find the correct device driver. This will enable the wifi and bluetooth and NFC, as well as the dock keyboard and touchpad. Repeat until everything is updated.

Once everything is updated, reboot.

Now you should be able to use the dock keyboard and touchpad. Wifi should be available, so reconnect to your network.

Open Device Manager again, and hopefully there is nothing under Unknown Devices, or with Red or Yellow prompts.

Now is a good time to do a manual System Restore Point, just in case.

Now go to Intel website and download and run the Intel Driver Update utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Click Get Started to Download and install the Intel utility. Run it to scan computer and it should recommend

You might be able to download through the Intel utility, but I had to search for it and download it manually.

System-on-a-Chip (SOC) Driver Package for Intel® Compute Stick STK1A32SC

Installs the System-on-a-Chip (SOC) drivers for Intel® Compute Stick STK1A32SC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26190/Compute-Stick-System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-fo...

Just to be safe, do another manual System Restore Point.

Download the ZIP file, extract and run setup. To make it easier, you can move the folder to C:\SWSETUP so later you can do the Device Manager, Update driver step.

After that, reboot.

Go into Device Manager and check for any problems, do Update Driver as needed. Specifically, you can do the Display Adapter, and see if the Intel GMA driver can be updated.

Now, you can go through Windows Updates and download all necessary Win10 updates.

Reboot as needed.

Reinstall programs as needed. Copy files back over.

Now you should be done.

Hopefully you now have a stable Windows 10 Anniversary installation on your HP Envy x2.

One last word of caution...

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10 CREATORS UPDATE!

But if you do, at least you might still be able to follow these instructions to get your system working again, if System Restore doesn't work. Keep that Anniversary ISO handy.

In any case, before any major changes, best to back up your files, run System Restore point, and maybe even use some other backup program that lets you do a full system backup/restore.

Hope this help you out.

Thanks

Wayne

HP Recommended

Well, it's official.

Windows 10 Creator Update not supported in HP Envy x2, as well as other similar Atom processor computers.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-creators-update-on-some-pcs/

And possibility that they may never be supported, which may mean that Security updates no longer provided after 18 months.

Oh well.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank You so much for writing this post, I really appreciate you trying to support this device.

I purchased HP envy x2 (for $50, pretty cheap) couple of days back to use it as my secondary device. It had windows 10 installed and everything was working fine. 

I went and did a clean install of windows 10 and installed the drivers from previous version as you mentioned in your post. 

Everyhting was wokring fine but very slow. I don't know which Windows 10 version was installed. 

Later, I experienced that audio from speakers was pretty low and both the headphones jack were'nt working. The tablet one as well as one on the dock. I tried troubleshooting but no luck. In the audio playback devices it was showing only "Speakers" as my playback device. Tried everything. Reinstalling drivers and what not. Even resseting windwos again but the jacks wont work.

I finnaly decided to roll back to Windows 8.1 to see if the problem persisted and again everything was working faster than windows 10 but still the eadphones jack were'nt working. I treid everything searched every tutorial. I found your post recently. I'm downloading Windows 10 Anniversary Edition as of now and will follow your steps.

I just want to know if your headphone jacks are working or not. If yes, please tell me what could I do to make it work. It's not hardware issue because it was working at the time I purchased. Also, I tried resseting Intel sst audio drivers (wdm) but no luck. It only shows speakers in playback and micrphone in recording option. I even tried the option of show disabled devices. 

Please help me out, it would really mean a lot. I feel like I wasted my money on this.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello disposure,

You know what, I never even noticed that my speakers were not working. I always did music and video playback on my other machines. 

It looks like my HP Envy x2 built-in speakers do not work, as well as the headphone jack with headphones plugged in. 

You may have to go to the HP website to download the Intel/Realtek chipset drivers for Graphics, Camera and Audio drivers for Win8.1. Let me give that a try.

As an alternate, I would try to use Bluetooth and get a bluetooth headset to connect and work. I'll give that a try and report back.

Thank you

Waynehom

HP Recommended

Thank you for the early reply.

I tried downloading the itel chipset divers.

It only shows speakers as my playback option

my speakers work fine (a bit low).

HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought this little toy used for 100 Euros (100 dollars) just for play movies in bed with a fanless device, write sometimes and surf the web. use it like a notebook or a big touch tablet... Love it.

I mean, love it for 100 dollars, not one more...

I installed a clean windows 10 home ereasing all partition in the ssd and discovery that jack and headphones didn't work!!!

And can't go back to windows 8, and surfing the web many users can't make jacks and headphones work!!!! **bleep**, I bought it just TO USE HEADPHONES!!! I choose it only for the fanless hardware... And now I have to buy bluetooth headphones????

No way, I make it work. 🙂

I tryed everithing and now jack and headphone are working perfectly.

The only way I found is:

update to the latest bios (14) don't know if it is necessary but I've done it.

Install windows home 32

immediately after, transfer with a usb drive (as you know touchpad and keyboard don't work, so I plugget 2 external devices) the 'driver pack' version 6.2.9200.PR15 (sp63677.exe) downloaded from windows 8.1 hp drivers for envy x2.

I transfer the lan drivers and the bluetooth drivers too.
I installed 7zip 32 too.

If I try to open it it can't install drivers so I extrat with 7 zip the sp63677.exe file in a folder, open it and you will see a folder called 'platform installer', open it and start the setup file.

It installed all the necessary drivers and at the end it freeze the pc, so i restarted, extrat with 7zip the lan and bluetooth files in their folders, opened and clicked on the 'dpinst.exe' file for eache folder, and drivers will isntalled well. Reboot.

So now you could have a wireless, bluetooth, audio, jack, keyboard and touchpad working well.

Connected and updated windows.

Now as I told it's working very well, slowly, for just 3 thinghs: movies, surf the web and write with word.

it's just a little bit instable in boot, sometime I have to reboot but it's the only quick thing its do: reboot. 🙂

Hope it can be helpful.

S.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.