Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my laptop appear "serial number not found"
Why? how do I can repair? Help me, please

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

What laptop do you have?  What operating system and is it 32 or 64 bit?  When does the statement come up?  Are you loading a program or is it asking about your notebook serial number? Do you remember when it started?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

Please identify your notebook with the complete product name or product number.  

There may be an available BIOS update that addresses the issue.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Is the unit still in warranty? If so, return to HP for service. If out of warranty and you changed the motherboard or other components you will have to find a HP repair facility with access to HP's "DMI Utility" to "Tattoo" by re-entering serial number and other data. Look in your BIOS and see if the unit is broadcasting a serial number and other data or if the fields for this information are blank.

HP Recommended

I have hp g61-454ee model laptop.it was suddenly switched off,when i got it repaired from local market,i have been receiving this message"serial number not found.even switch on button not working while switching off. ihave to remove battery  and /or power

HP Recommended
all blank and /or 0000000......
HP Recommended

@ulfatpk

What country are you located in?

What is model number and product number as listed on Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

product id key: {Removed for privacy}

ON BACK SIDE WITH BATTERY WRITTEN:PRODUCT:CNF0104TGV

PCID:D492120000200C1000001000

WAITING YOUR REPLY WITH REGARDS

HP Recommended

It sounds like you had a problem with your computer. You carried it to a repair facility, they replaced the mother board or another component that removed the "Factory Tattooing From the BIOS" and in the process damaged your on-off switch. You need to discuss this sloppy repair with the facility that repaired the computer. If you have lost all faith with the original repair facility and feel they will only damage the computer more, locate a different facility. Tell them what has/was done and that the "HP Tattooing" has been removed from the BIOS. Good luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.