Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My pc notebook was automatically shutdown, scene 2 day ago, when i re-open it there is a note which says

The system BIOS has detected that your notebookPC was put into hibernationor shutdown to avoid

overheating.    The system is now operatingnormally.

Overheating may occurif the cooling vents are blocked or the operatingtemperature exceedsthe specification. The

notebookPC sholud return tonormaloperation once the situation is resolved.System yemperature (900)

ENTER - Continue  startup

For more information,Please visit:www.hp.com/go/techcenter/ startup

emely

HP Recommended
I'm having same problem but I have a laptop.... it the tests all came back pass except it says f11 error log. can you plz help me to get my laptop running again? I have Windows vista
HP Recommended
mine is doing same I have Windows vista can u plz help me get mine running all tesrs pass except says F11 error log
HP Recommended

Hi, when I start up my laptop I receive this message, what do I do?

HP Recommended

@shawnvalens wrote:

Hi, when I start up my laptop I receive this message, what do I do?

Hello shawnvalens.

You should begin by testing your memory and testing your hard drive.  Make sure to post the results of both.

Also, what is your notebook's product number?

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

@emely wrote:

My pc notebook was automatically shutdown, scene 2 day ago, when i re-open it there is a note which says

The system BIOS has detected that your notebookPC was put into hibernationor shutdown to avoid

overheating.    The system is now operatingnormally.

Overheating may occurif the cooling vents are blocked or the operatingtemperature exceedsthe specification. The

notebookPC sholud return tonormaloperation once the situation is resolved.System yemperature (900)

ENTER - Continue  startup

For more information,Please visit:www.hp.com/go/techcenter/ startup

emely

Hello Emely.

Please ensure that the vents are free of dust and debris as per this document

Let me know if this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

@sanjayps wrote:

Boot device not found 

please install an operating system on hard disk 

massage given laptop alredy i install win 7 operating system that lapy home basic is

win8

Hello sanjays.

It sounds like your hard drive is experiencing problems.  Please run the diagnostic as per these instructions.

Also, what is your product number?

Have a wonderful weekend!

HP Recommended

@laeth wrote:

hi

i need help with my laptop

i need somebody contact with me about that

Hello laeth.

If you need to contact HP Suppor you should do so directly as this is a peer-to-peer community.  The number for US/Canadian customers is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a great weekend.

HP Recommended

@Rob_53 wrote:

concerning my HP2000 notebook, it appears that there has been files deleted from the start disc occurring during a windows update that when the pc was in the middle of the updates it was shut down causing the operating system to fail.  Using windows 7.  I will need to reinstall the operating system.  Thanks for your input. Rob

You could try creating a System Repair disc from another computer.  Here are the instructions.  

You could also perform a System Recovery.  However, you will lose all of your data in this process.  Here are the steps.  

Have a great weekend.

HP Recommended

@gabdanizabelle wrote:

my laptop has a message saying visit techcenter/starup each in everytime i open up my laptop.i says about the system fan,i dont know about it.please help me.thanks...

Hello gabdanizabelle.

You will probably need to replace the fan.  However, first ensure that the vents are free of dust and debris as per this document.  

If the fan needs to be replaced I will need the product number of the notebook.

Have a great day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.