Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp stream 11 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a clean install of windows 10 on my HP stream 11 x360, and now the touch screen won't work. Under system it says "no pen or touch input", and there is no touch screen driver listed under HID in the divice manager. It worked when windows 8.1 was installed, and it still works in the BIOS. None of the following has worked thusfar:

rebooting

several windows updates

several updates using HP support assistant

looking through HP's windows 8.1 drivers list (it doesn't seem to list a touch screen driver at all)

looking through HP's windows 10 driver list which was recently added.

Incidentally, I was about to flash the BIOS when I noticed that hte version on the website is f2, and mine is f4. I'm not sure what that means. I didn't end up flashing, though.

I remember seeing what I thought was a touch screen driver when looking under programs and features in windows 8.1 before the upgrade. I think it was called magic something or other...

Microsoft's website indicates that windows should have touch support baked in, so I'm not sure why this is an issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

update:

I installed the windows 8.1 version of "Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support", and that got the touch screen working, but the accelerometer still doesn't work. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

try installing the windows 8.1 driver for your touch screen maybe?

i had to install the win 8.1 wi-fi driver because the win 10 default was awful, and it worked (and still works) perfectly.

HP Recommended

I don't see a touch screen driver listed under either windows 10 or 8.1. Does it have  a different name? Is bundled with one of the other drivers like chipset or controller?

HP Recommended

update:

I installed the windows 8.1 version of "Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support", and that got the touch screen working, but the accelerometer still doesn't work. 

HP Recommended

Many thanks for posting this update iDontCareAsdf! I had the same frustrating problem. Hopefully HP will soon release windows 10 drivers/updates to make the accelerometer work... 

HP Recommended

Previously I installed all Windows 10 updates until I was up to date.

As recommended here, then I installed the auto-detected version (HP driver support web page, assisted by an installed tool) of "Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support".

Had the effect, that the brightness keyboard buttons worked correctly, but TOUCH was NOT enabled.

Afterwards I installed all recommended updates with HP Support Assistant. 7 updates were suggested.

As a result: Touch is working, accelerator is working. (But approximately 3 update installations failed, is no problem.)

HP Recommended

For people who got the touch function working but not the automatic switch to tablet mode when flipping the screen, here is your solution:

Install HP 3D DriveGuard for your device!

Yes I know, this not what you'd expect. The software is advertised as 'protecting your hard drive heads when dropped'. Nowhere is your screen mentioned. And probably your harddisk is a SSD without heads to protect. Nevertheless, it makes sense to install this software, because in order to know when you drop your notebook, 3D DriveGuard enables the accelerometer in the notebook.

This accelerometer is then also used by your touchscreen to detect if you use it flipped around or rotated. So yes, Install HP 3D DriveGuard.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.