Question

Honor Student
dumbfounded
Message 1 of 6 (13,389 Views)

HP Compaq d530 motherboard drivers missing

Hi

a friend was given this second hand HP Compaq d530 small form factor desktop PC but the hard drive had been reformatted and windows XP pro reinstalled.

The device manager reports that there is problems with the erthernet controller, multimedia audio controller and the video controller. No backup discs available and the drivers I have downloaded from the HP site, using a different XP pro computer are reported as corrupt exe. files when i run them on the d530.

any help or ideas would be welcome

Professor
1badGuard
Message 2 of 6 (13,407 Views)

Re: HP Compaq d530 motherboard drivers missing

[ Edited ]

Those PC's are labeled with more than just D530. You should be able to find a sticker the a number something like this. example (KR735UT)

That will help identify the PC and hardware drivers. There are three versions of that model.

HP Compaq d530 Convertible Minitower Desktop PC   HP Compaq d530 Small Form Factor Desktop PC    HP Compaq d530 Ultra-slim Desktop PC

Loading the chipset drivers will fix most missing items. Load the Chipset driver and reboot. Then continue loading other drivers.

Convertible mini tower drivers:
http://tinyurl.com/y7gps7

Small form factor drivers:
http://tinyurl.com/2vstqe

Ultra alim drivers:
http://tinyurl.com/yzs82r

NOTE: Some of these drivers may not work without the correct known i.d. tag.

WARNING: Do not use any BIOS updates until you know for sure the exact specs.

Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-07-2009 03:35 PM
Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-07-2009 03:37 PM
Honor Student
dumbfounded
Message 3 of 6 (13,327 Views)

Hello again

Thank you for the reply.

Tried the link you sent. After i burnt the file to cd and tried to open it on the d530, windows reported that the EXE file was corrupt. Have returned the computer to my friend and advised him ask again for the original software.

The d530 will prob come back to me so any other ideas will still come in handy.

Thanks again

Professor
1badGuard
Message 4 of 6 (13,323 Views)

I tried those drivers and did not receive any messages. Could be that Windows has corrupted files.

That's why the tag number I asked about is so important. It narrows down the drivers.

Student
mjseger
Message 5 of 6 (10,819 Views)

I installed the audio and netowork drivers and they worked find.  I also installed the chipset AND nvidia driver but I'm still getting an error with my Video Controller when I look at the device manager.  I have a mini-tower.

-mark 

KBW Top Student
Top Student
KBW
Message 6 of 6 (10,756 Views)

Hi Dumbfounded,

Your best option is to go direct the the motherboard manufacturer and download the relevant drivers from there.

Failing that there is a slight chance your will find the video driver on Microsofts download page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation