Question

Intern
techmonkey74
Message 1 of 5 (3,458 Views)

HP & Costco Concierge Service

[ Edited ]

I bought my HP p6680t through Costco in December.  When you buy a PC through Costco you get their  Concierge Service free of charge.  Basically I guess you get a two year warranty as opposed to HP's normal 1 year and the tech support I think is state side.  Has anyone used this service?  Are they a little "better" to use than straight HP tech support?  How is HP tech support these days?

It's  been a long time since I have had to call HP tech support and at the time  around 9yrs ago they were "OK".  Many times I think the techs were very knowledgeable but their was a major language barrier.  At the time if I called around 2 a.m. Pacific Time I would actually get a tech in Canada and Had pretty good results with them.  I think the Costco techs do refer to the HP techs with certain problems but I just was wondering if needed I should go through Costco Techs or straight to HP

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 5 (3,454 Views)

Re: HP & Costco Concierge Service

TM, if I were you, I would contact Costco directly to see what they have to say. They are the ones who have to take care of your problems after the purchase. It will give you an opportunity to see how they handle your inquiry.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 5 (3,450 Views)

old_geekster wrote:
TM, if I were you, I would contact Costco directly to see what they have to say. They are the ones who have to take care of your problems after the purchase. It will give you an opportunity to see how they handle your inquiry.

I was thinking the same thing.  Right now I have no need to call for any tech support but was just curious on how good Costco really is.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 4 of 5 (3,445 Views)

[ Edited ]

techmonkey74 wrote:I was thinking the same thing.  Right now I have no need to call for any tech support but was just curious on how good Costco really is.

I've purchased about ten computer systems from Costco in the past 3 years, mostly HP, and had four HP systems to fail within the first year.

They were taken back to Costo and Costco replaced these defective systems with new models. Most of these were due to hard drive failures. They didn't even ask to repair these systems.

These were purchased using a Business accouunt, so I'm not sure whether Costco gave some preferential service for Business accounts.

I have also purchased some from SamsClub, but their selection is not as good as Costo's and SamsClub does not offer the second year warranty.

I have not needed their second year warranty, so I can't comment on if it is reliable or not, but my first year warranty service could not have been better, except if I had not needed it at all......:smileywink:.......Things do break....Law of Nature.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 5 (3,396 Views)

Hi,

Check with your credit card company on warranty extensions for the purchase of electronic devices. Some credit card companies will add an additional year on to the manufacturer's warranty coverage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation