Question

Honor Student
ljgill
Message 1 of 10 (23,406 Views)

How do I get rid of the "HP Product Assistant" pop up that comes on constatly

I love my printer and my computer but I keep getting this annoying "
HP Product Assistant

pop up which I can not figure out how to disable.   If my son leaves the computer logged on when I come back in the morning there will be 25 of these pop ups one on top of the other.  Grrrrr

Thanks for any help

Laurence Gill

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 10 (23,412 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the "HP Product Assistant" pop up that comes on constatly

Laurence, isn't strange, when it comes to computers, how little it takes to drive us crazy?  I feel your pain.  I have had these type of problems many times over my 25+ years using them.

Here is a link that will hopefully solve your problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00857352&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1153494&dlc...

If it doesn't, let us know. 

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 10 (23,353 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the "HP Product Assistant" pop up that comes on constatly

I can't seem to get it to work the way they say.  When I go into user accounts I don't have the tabs etc they are talking about.  Thanks for the help anyways.
Provost
old_geekster
Message 4 of 10 (23,343 Views)

Sorry about that, Laurence.  I thought for sure it would solve your problem.  I don't know what else to do.  Hopefully, someone else can help.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 5 of 10 (21,015 Views)

After months of deleting and cancelling the HP Product Assistant with no success, I FINALLY DID IT!

Go to START.  Type MSCONFIG.    When the LISTING appears all have checks.

Find the items "HP DIGITAL IMAGING and another "HP ALL-IN-ONE SERIES and UNCHECK them.

Then RESTART and voila! the most annoying, hard to remove pop-up is GONE!!!!!!!!!

Hooooah!    

Student
Avie
Message 6 of 10 (12,203 Views)

I completely deleted the HP diagnostics I had previously downloaded to address an issue.  The problem with it was that there were many download choices to choose from but nothing inicated what problem it was solving.  Following the download, the problem with the "HP Product Assistant" disappeared.  I use a  HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP.

H Sainthill May 03, 2013

Student
chancey
Message 7 of 10 (9,119 Views)

How do you get rid of this annoying 'HPProductAssistan' notice

Honor Student
pugs
Message 8 of 10 (7,934 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the "HP Product Assistant" that keeps poping up on my computer

I would like yo know how to get rid of the HP product assistant tha keeps coming up on my computer

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 9 of 10 (7,907 Views)

Pugs

Have you reviewed the document posted above by @old_geekster? If not I am linking you to his post just click on it and review the document he attached as it directly addresses your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-Questions/How-do-I-get-rid-of-the-quot-HP-Product-Assi...

Please re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Student
Pre-Novice
Message 10 of 10 (6,374 Views)

The phrase "insert the HPProduct Assistant disk and click ok" has brought grief into my day and wasted a lot of time.

The problem started when I installed a new anti-virus program onto a XP operating system.

I solved the problem by deleting the file HP Solution Center. I had the HP installation disk in the drive, but I am not sure that effected anything.  While deleting the program a pop-up appeared telling me that another program was being installed (HPP Product Assistant?) and so I hit retry a few times and it took.

I will wait a while to decide whether or not I will re-install the Hp Solution Center.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation