Question
Java Download
Replies (15)

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 11 of 16 (534 Views)

Re: Java Download

[ Edited ]

Hello momdear75, You might try this Link and look in the Solution Section, and look for

"Please download and install the offline uninstaller from the manual download page".

You may have already tried this but if not, I would suggest giving it a try.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 12 of 16 (525 Views)

Do you still have the Revo Uninstaller program installed on your computer?

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 13 of 16 (524 Views)

If you still have Revo Uninstaller, please go to this link:  http://www.guidingtech.com/457/revo-uninstaller/ and read through the directions.  Are these the exact direction you used to uninstall Java?  If so, when you got to the "Select an Uninstall Mode" section of the instructions, which option did you choose?  If you chose anything besides "Advanced" mode when you were being assisted with the uninstall or if you are unsure of what you chose at this step please start at the beginning and follow these directions being sure to choose "Advanced." 

If you no long have Revo Uninstaller, please reinstall it from this link:  http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html.  Once you have downloaded it follow the instructions above. 

One key piece of using this uninstaller is that once it uninstalls the program it will then deep scan the registry and folders on your computer and look for any pieces of the program that may still remain.  If it finds any please be sure to select all of them and allow the program to remove them.  I believe that when it ran the first time it did not run through completion and remove all pieces, so if we run it again making sure to use "Advanced" and remove all pieces it should correct the issue.  I have done some research on the Revo Uninstaller program and also talked to some co-workers who use the program and they assure me that it is very thorough at removing even hard to remove programs.

In case any of these instructions seem confusing on how to use Revo Uninstaller here are a couple of videos on how to use the program for you if needed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPs4nwMBN84 (NOTE:  This one is very good but please be sure to choose "Advanced" mode rather than "Moderate" mode when you run it this time.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20use%20revo%20uninstaller&source=web&cd=5&sqi=2&ved...

Please let me know how this goes for you.  Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 14 of 16 (521 Views)

Thanks for the help Hanspuppa. We have already tried this option in the previous posts and are moving forward with other options.
I am an HP employee.
Top Student
momdear75
Message 15 of 16 (513 Views)

I Did not use the uninstaller, a person from EA games did it!

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 16 of 16 (466 Views)

Since you did not use the Revo Uninstaller the first time please watch the links in my previous post and let me know if you feel comfortable that you can use it after watching the videos at the links.  The videos are very step-by-step.  If we are unable to use the Revo Uninstaller to go ahead and completely remove java, then the only other option that I can provide to is in the form of a recovery.  A recovery would definitely correct this issue, however, you would need to back up all the files on your machine because a recovery would wipe your entire drive and reinstall the windows system so that your machine would be like it was software wise when you first bought your machine.  The Revo Uninstaller method would be easier for you I believe if you think that you can follow the instruction videos that I have provided.  Perhaps you even have a friend, neighbor, or other person who could help you run the uninstall.  I really want to help you get this resolved, but other than running the uninstaller and the recovery we have reached the limit of our support options on the forum.  Do you by chance have someone who can help you follow the directions in the video's in my previous post and run Revo Uninstaller in the "Advanced" mode so that it complete removes java?

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation