Question

Teacher
boongsong
Message 1 of 15 (1,281 Views)
Accepted Solution

Software won't install

I've been having a lot of problems with trying to install Roxio Creator 2010 using the original installation disc.

Today, I tried it again and received an error message saying my configuration doesn't support any of the products.

Anyone have any idea what that is?

I will try to include two attachments - 1 showing files from disc and 1 showing error messageCapture Roxio creator files can't install.PNGCapture configuration problem.PNG

boong
Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 15 (1,272 Views)

Re: Software won't install

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This usually is but not always a VISTA problem with not being at the right service pack level

The ROXIO Support forum is the right place to go to get assistance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 15 (1,264 Views)

boongsong wrote: I've been having a lot of problems with trying to install Roxio Creator 2010 using the original installation disc. Today, I tried it again and received an error message saying my configuration doesn't support any of the products. Anyone have any idea what that is?

Hello boongsong,  If you're running in Vista, SP1 is required. The first line of the system requirements says

Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ (32- or 64-bit), SP1 is required, Windows® XP SP3 (32- or 64-bit), Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32-or 64-bit).

If you try to install into a Vista system without SP1 you'll get a message saying that your configuration does not support any of the included products.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Teacher
boongsong
Message 4 of 15 (1,256 Views)

I'll try downloading the service pack.

I'm sorry that I failed to mention that I'm running Win 7 w/HP slimline with 4gb mem and 600 gb hd.

I have another copy coming and I might wait until I get that one to see if that will work. I've been having trouble since Dec with my current copy disc.

boong
Teacher
boongsong
Message 5 of 15 (1,254 Views)

Hello hanspuppa. Good to hear from you again and thanks for your reply.

I told Big Dave that I'm running Win 7 and might try downloading SP1. I also have a new copy coming and probably will just wait and see what I get with it.

Thanks again

boong
Teacher
boongsong
Message 6 of 15 (1,253 Views)

Just a P.S. Big Dave. Roxio Forums and Roxio Tech Support haven't been able to provide a solution on this problem. My original problem was a missing or corrupted certificate and nobody in Roxio or Sonic has a solution that will work for me.

I've tried everything they said and still no go.

boong
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 7 of 15 (1,251 Views)

[ Edited ]

boongsong wrote: I told Big Dave that I'm running Win 7 and might try downloading SP1. I also have a new copy coming and probably will just wait and see what I get with it. Thanks again

Hello boongsong, I apologize for not knowing you were running Windows 7. Windows 7 SP1 is not available just yet, and I wouldn't think the issue you are experiencing would be with Windows 7, rather Roxio itself.

I just remembered that I had this issue when I was using Roxio Creator 2010, and I had to download and install Roxio Creator 2010 Service Pack 2 from Roxio, and that corrected the issue.

You are required to be a registered user in order to download SP2.

Here  is the link for Roxio Creator 2010 SP2.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Teacher
boongsong
Message 8 of 15 (1,247 Views)

Yep!! It has been Roxio all along and they don't have any answers. I've been chasing this since the latter part of Dec and nobody can help. Roxio Forums don't even answer my posts anymore, that's how bad it is and it is all Roxio. Even jonatsonic, an administrator didn't have an answer.

The program worked fine until I was told to uninstall it to remove 2500+ photos out of the Media Manager and I was never able to get it to reinstall. Ughhhhh!!!!

Thanks for your help.

boong
Provost
Big_Dave
Message 9 of 15 (1,178 Views)

boongsong,

I've been using the Roxio products for quite a while. Your first post didn't mention W7.  There are mentions of an certificate issue on the Roxio forum.  I was quite active on the Roxio forum for a while.

I would back up all my data and wipe the slate clean then reinstall the Windows 7 and then Roxio 2010 and sp2.  You may not want to do this as it's a lot of work.  It's the same advice that Jim gave you from the Roxio forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Teacher
boongsong
Message 10 of 15 (1,176 Views)

Hi again Dave. Again, thanks for your input.

I seriously considered doing just that - going back to out of the box condition. I have an off-site back-up and spent most of 3 days backing-up everything  with the intent of restoring to factory specs. didn't  do it as yet as I'm a little leery as there's no guarantee that it will work. And because everything else works fine - even the Corel DVD 2010 that I downloaded on a trial basis. Wasn't impressed with it.

I just don't understand why the only problem I'm having is with Roxio. I have many other programs that I use (Arcsoft, AVS, Kodak, Picasa, etc.) and absolutely no problem with anything.

That's why I'm a little leery to go back to "square one".

I am awaiting for a new copy of Crreator 2010 to arrive and will try that. If all fails, then I will probably try the restore option and say a long prayer.

Again, thanks.

boong
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation