Webcam is in use by another application (12065 Views)
Student
WyNetter
Message 1 of 3 (12,065 Views)

Webcam is in use by another application

I am trying to install a Logitech Quickcam Communicate Deluxe S7500 on my HP8530 Media center.  I keep getting the message that the webcam is in use by another application.  It looks like it installed correctly but something is tying up my webcams ability to be recognized.  I did a clean boot and  reinstalled the webcam but that didn't help.  I previously tried to install other brands of webcams, pnly to find out that they weren't compatable with Vista 64 bit. Could there still be unknown applications from those attempts still on my computer.  How do I tell what application is using my webcam?
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (12,043 Views)

Re: Webcam is in use by another application

Hi,

Go into control panel --> Programs --> select the old programs and uninstall them. You can also go to Start --> All Programs to see if any of the undesired programs are listed there and have their own uninstall programs.

CTRL+ALT+Del then select Task Manager -->  click on Process tab and take a look to see if a service other than a Logitech one is using your webcam.

Regards,

Eric

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
gillantoinemonk
Message 3 of 3 (5,102 Views)

Re: Webcam is in use by another application

my webcam is in use by another application and i need to close these applications.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation