Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how can I fix "1801 microcode update error" I have a hp compaq dc5700. I upgraded my processor to "core2Duo 2.6MHz, e4700"

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello sir how i solve my microcode error 1801

plz tell me

HP Recommended

This HP document definitely applies to the issue.

What is the operatng system that is currently installed?

If you have Vista installed you should install the following update. Microcode update for HP 768E BIOS Family Computers with Intel Processors

micro.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

im having the same problem my currentle installed OS is WIN 7 and system BIOS is 786C1 ......my pc is dc 7100......... plzzz help me...........

i have changed my processer 2.8 to 3.4..........

HP Recommended

@pakpiara wrote:

how can I fix "1801 microcode update error" I have a hp compaq dc5700. I upgraded my processor to "core2Duo 2.6MHz, e4700"

HP Recommended

Hello,

I inherited this DC5700 computer from my sister, and wanted to upgrade the processor but don't have a boot disk handy. HOw do I proceed?

@erico wrote:

This HP document definitely applies to the issue.

What is the operatng system that is currently installed?

If you have Vista installed you should install the following update. Microcode update for HP 768E BIOS Family Computers with Intel Processors

micro.png

HP Recommended

Windows XP...

HP Recommended

Hi MOndo7299:

Thank you for your post. I am glad to help!

I assume that the P in the your post is for Processor. The "1801Mocrocode update error" is telling you to update the CPU.  There is more then one way to do this. You can do this by downloading and running the HP Support Assistant.  click here, to aid in updating drivers and resolving issues. You can update from Device Manager. Open Device Manager, right click on the processor and you should see an option to update. You could also check the manufacturer's site for any updates. For your convenience I am sending documentation on "Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers"  click here. If you require further assistance would you please provide your exact model number, and what changes you have  made. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?  click here.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

i have a solution for this  plese  send me your email to adeelcomputers916@gmail.com and receive a sofware which upadate your bios within 30 seconds or contact +92 345 02383232

HP Recommended

Thanks for thie post.. it came in really handy.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.