Question

Honor Student
Zip82
Message 1 of 16 (4,655 Views)

HP F210 firmware upgrade

Hi, 

i  own a HP f210 dashcam, but sadly the hp dedicated site (hpcarcam.com) seems to be down and i can't find english firmware update. Chinese site (http://www.sunchie.com/hp.htm) does contains firmware upgrade but is there a safe way to get english official hp firmware updates?

has someone tried the new firmware from the chinese site?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Student
bjm13
Message 2 of 16 (4,544 Views)

Re: HP F210 firmware upgrade

I have a camera bought in Hong Kong - my problem is that the software ( supercar ) crashes a lot on my window 8.

I'll let you know if I see anything which helps.

bjm13

Honor Student
HB9DRT
Message 3 of 16 (4,527 Views)

Try this... http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html

Never any problems...

Joe

Top Student
OnyXxL
Message 4 of 16 (3,538 Views)

Hi,

I found interesting things about the F-210.

That model is sold by several brands (HP F-210, Rollei CarDVR-110, etc...).

The lastest HP F-210 firmware can be found here :
http://www.sunchie.com/

At the time I'm writing this, the last version is a build of the 9th of Sept 2013. I had the information by opening the .bin file from the site above.

To update :

1 - Download and extract f210_v2.01.18_hp.zip on your PC. You will find a file named sp8g.bin

2 - Plug your cam to your PC with the SD card inside.

3 - Copy the file sp8g.bin to the root of your card and unplug the cam.

4 - Turn your cam ON and accept to update the firmware. Once the update is done, you can turn off the cam and delete the sp8g.bin file.

As the Rollei CarDVR-110 and the HP F210 are the same products, I updated my F210 with the Rollei firmware which was more recent (7th of Nov 2013). Everything works well. Bonus: the blue "f210" mark on the videos is now gone!

Have fun.

Top Student
jeanyves69
Message 5 of 16 (3,174 Views)

Hello ! I write from France so... for the english... :manembarrassed:

I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my F210, I went on the Rollei website and installed the FW "Rollei CarDVR-110"  But the screen "GRID FUNCTION CHART" disapeared ! No more WDR !

So I came back with the FW proposed by sunchie.com.

GPS doesn't seem to work anymore... I'm disapointed.

Is it possible, do you think I could come back to the original firmware, which was working fine ?

Did I make something wrong with the upgrade from Rollei ???

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

JY

Top Student
OnyXxL
Message 6 of 16 (3,151 Views)

Salut Jean-Yves,

Effectivement j'ai aussi remarqué que le WDR n'était plus présent avec la version de Rollei. Je n'avais pas fait attention, donc j'ai mis le firmware de Sunchie mais je ne ne rencontre pas le problème que tu as avec le GPS, bizarre... je suppose que tu as essayé de faire un reset et de réinstaller le firmware. Sinon, le GPS met parfois quelques minutes pour trouver du signal, ça peut venir de là aussi... Peut-être que sans signal GPS la fonction boussole vitesse etc ("GRID FUNCTION CHART") ne marche pas. Je testerai.

Translation :

Hi,

I had the same "WDR" issue with the Rollei firmware so I installed the Sunchie firmware. Everything works even the GPS... your issue is strange. I guess you tried to reset the cam and reinstall the firmware again. Sometimes it a couple of minutes to get some GPS signal. Maybe without GPS signal, the GRID FUNCTION CHART doesn't work... I'll try.

Top Student
jeanyves69
Message 7 of 16 (3,140 Views)

Hello !

Merci pour ton retour d'info, je vais réessayer de charger le FW sunchie, j'ai peut-être fait une mauvaise manip', ou je me suis trompé de fichier...

Sinon, je vais faire une déclaration en SAV, en disant que j'ai perdu la connexion... :manembarrassed:

Je reviendrai poster pour tenir au courant le thread !!

A+

Top Student
jeanyves69
Message 8 of 16 (3,115 Views)

Hello Onyx !

Pourrais-tu me rappeler comment faire un reset ??? Je n'ai pas trouvé, empoté comme je suis ! :smileyhappy:

Merci !

Student
Mrpyatt
Message 9 of 16 (2,697 Views)

You need to inform users that the firmware update that you have will make the car display km/h not mph.  Since I updated my camera with your software now I need to change it back to mph.

Honor Student
JimBob2014
Message 10 of 16 (2,410 Views)

Hi OnyXxL,

Thanks for posting the information about the f210_v2.01.18_hp.zip firmware update for the F210 from the Sunchie website. Just wondering after applying the firmwear update whether the default language is English (preferably for me) or Chinese? Also, is the speed unit metric (km/hr)? Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation