Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

lol

HP Recommended

I have my simplesave hard drive 1tb attached to my bell receiver. It is loaded with 200 movies. When i connect it to any computer it recognizes the hard drive as empty. Could some one help me out please

HP Recommended

So are we suppose to click Erase after we choose the format? And am I suppose to click on 999.5 GB HP External HDD Media or HP Simple Save. And I tried clicking on both of them and changing the format, but when I go back to either one of them, the format goes back to what it was before, Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for the HDD Media tab and Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled) for the HP Simple Save tab. And it still doesn't work on my PC.

I first used the HP Simplesave on my Windows Vista PC and it worked fine, exactly how it was supposed to work. And then I connected it to my MacBook Pro and it gave me the option to erase the information on the HP Simplesave in order to backup my Mac. I figured that I can just back up my info from the PC again later even if I erased it. Now, it's not working on my PC anymore. I searched on the internet and it said that I erased all the HP stuff that came with the HP Simplesave Drive because I didn't need it to backup my Mac, but now I'm thinking that I deleted the stuff needed for it to backup my PC. Is there anyway I can undo this, because I need it to backup my PC first and foremost. Or can I make it compatible with both of them, because your previous suggestion didn't work, or I'm probably doing something wrong because I have no idea what I'm doing.

HP Recommended

I have a question regarding this. I have an hp simple save, but I saved things on it that I want to keep. I just got a mac and want to save stuff from there too. Is there a way to have both on here? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I had a Dell laptop that I was using SImple Save for several years so I already have a good amount of files and documents stored on the Simple Save. I recently bought a Macbook Pro and now I want to be able to save my files and documents from my Mac too the Simple Save as well, but it doesn't seem to let me do that. How can I save new files from my Mac to the Simple Save? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended

We wrote this free Mac OSX startup app for this very issue (removes annoying "virtual cd" HP Launcher at startup on a Mac)

http://www.FontGear.net/unlauncher_v1.zip

Hope that helps

HP Recommended

Thank you EricT your advise solved my problem.  I used disk utility to erase the HP simplesave drive and let the timemachine feature on my Mac to automatically connect to the HP drive to backup my data. It worked seamlessly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.