Calibration of the Battery via the HP Battery check method (6373 Views)
Tutor
hasona
Message 1 of 3 (6,373 Views)
Accepted Solution

Calibration of the Battery via the HP Battery check method

[ Edited ]

Hp battery checkOkay now there some things I dont quite understand from the image above.

1. I have done the calibration test twice now and the battery has went up from 3456mAh to 3878mAh which is still far away from the maximum of 5100mAh. During these tests the number besise calibrate has went from 19 to 21. Now first question is what does the "21" actually mean?

2. Am I doing something wrong in the calibration process? I thought I would do it once and then I would get the Battery up to its full potential.

Notice I have never calibrated in 1.5 years(since the day I bought it) and battery has gone down from 4hours to 2hours and 45mins.

3. How can I be able to have two batteries? I have checked the rear, the bottom, the sides but I find nothing that would indicate any place I could be able to put an additional battery in.(HP ProBook 6450b model)

Lastly is there any other thing I can do to calibrate faster than to do this very same test over and ovr again until I hit 5100?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Now 20mins later after disconnecting the charger I get higher mAh values which means that something went right but I dont know what. A 13%/ ca 700 mAh jump is pretty significant.

Have I done this properly and succeeded or?

Hp battery Check 2

Edit 2: Just as I am writing this HP Battery Check  just chopped off 400mAh of the 700mAh gain I just got  :smileymad:   I really am getting frustrated and confused

Tutor
hasona
Message 2 of 3 (6,344 Views)

Re: Calibration of the Battery via the HP Battery check method

Come on guys, is there no one w¨ho can help with this problem?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 3 (6,308 Views)

Re: Calibration of the Battery via the HP Battery check method

Hi,

Every battery sooner or later is going to the end.

Why you've got different values ​​and the failure to establish the true value.

From my experience I may tell you that battery can not balance the level of real life to the level indicated and this is "normal". This is why you see what you see. Frequent calibration only accelerates the end of battery life.

Check page 30 of your notebook service guide here. It will show you where you may connect second battery.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation