HP Pavilion TouchPad not working? (92580 Views)
Honor Student
smtopie
Message 1 of 54 (92,580 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion TouchPad not working?

Hello, I have the HP Pavilion dm4 2015-dx and this morning when I started up my computer the touchpad would not work. I am using a mouse and it works fine however. I tried the Synaptics download and followed the instructions but it didn't work. Help!

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 54 (92,569 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion TouchPad not working?

[ Edited ]

Hi smtopie,

dm4 notebooks are just little things - and I don't know if they respond the way bigger notebooks do; I just posted this suggestion for another member with the same problem.  Maybe it will work for your little notebook:

Try a Hard Reset to Kick that notebook back into recognising its TouchPad.

This is a Driver Reset; this is NOT the Windows 8 Reset that installs the Operating System. 

The Hard Reset procedure does not wipe out your files nor does it destroy your Windows setup in any way.

Hard Reset

Hard Reset:

Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer.  This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’, hung, and stubborn program issues.

• Disconnect all external devices first.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note: You can ignore the bit about leaving the battery out.  If you like, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

I hope this helps!

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” on threads started by you.

Click the Kudos Star! 

It is a great “Thank You” for the Author's efforts.

2013 Year of the Snake!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
albano12
Message 3 of 54 (92,221 Views)

Success! Thank you so much, this worked for me!

Student
Dave24
Message 4 of 54 (91,974 Views)

Thank you it just work for my HP Dm4 2180us
Student
Ravitejareddy
Message 5 of 54 (88,778 Views)

Success.... good suggestion.. thankyou...

Student
ROBBED666
Message 6 of 54 (86,985 Views)

Found your post after testing  an image restore  (Touch pad not working after restore completed).

Worked  great, thanks!

Rob

Honor Student
Terell
Message 7 of 54 (82,332 Views)

i have the same problem here with my G62-224HE Notebook, it was working fine the whole day then i started playing playing a a nd realized the the left clicker was working, neither the touchpad, so i got the mouse my mother use on here computer nd plug it started working fine, so i thought maybe it was a virus so i reset my laptop back to factory settings in system recovery nd it still wasnt working so ill have to trying this right now, hope it works

Honor Student
Terell
Message 8 of 54 (82,326 Views)

didnt work for me, guess ill have to call HP for some assistance

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 9 of 54 (82,304 Views)

Hello Terell.  I understand that you're having some issues with your touchpad.  Specifically that it stopped responding, is this correct?

Have you noticed an LED either in the top left corner of your touchpad or is the area around the touchpad illuminated?  If so, what color is the LED?

If the LED is a red/orange color you'll need to reactivate the touchpad.  To do this double-tap the LED in the left corner, or the left corner if the entire outline of the touchpad is illuminated. 

Let me know if this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Student
gusgolack
Message 10 of 54 (80,616 Views)

worked great thanks, double tanks ... I tried infinite other solutions for hours

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation