Question

Intern
Pavilion_Breeze
Message 1 of 12 (5,057 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Recovery Media Creation on Pavilion g6-1b59wm

Hi everyone:

I just got my Pavilion g6-1b59wm yesterday.

But when I went to set it up tonight I went to burn my recovery media using HP Support Asst.

I'm using Memoerex DVD-R x16 DVD's Single Layer.

I go in and start the Recovery Media Application, go through the media selection, tell it to continue on the media selected/inserted.

It starts out fine saying creating/gathering recovery information, Will burn the first disk image fine, goes into disk verification gets to 0% just starting to 1% complete "IF" I'm Lucky.

And then tells me we are having problems with Recovery Media Creation do I want to try again?

At first I thouht it might have been a bad disk so I tried it 2 more times same thing happened at the exact same spot so I don't feel it is a bad disk.

Any Ideas?

I finally gave up and oreded a set figuring it to be alot cheaper then to keep wasting disk....  Any Ideas I'd be Grateful...  :smileyhappy: 

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 12 (5,049 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Media Creation on Pavilion g6-1b59wm

Kindly try creating recovery disks in safe mode ?

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Intern
Pavilion_Breeze
Message 3 of 12 (5,043 Views)

Thanks I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Most Grateful.

Intern
Pavilion_Breeze
Message 4 of 12 (5,027 Views)

kamat_hp wrote:

Kindly try creating recovery disks in safe mode ?

Nope sorry didn't work.

Went into Safe Mode and tried to do it and all it said was To do this AC Adapter must be plugged in, and Battery must be inserted?

So after I did my factory reset, I tried it again said samething, I burn't another disk in my Win 7 desktop and it stopped at 1% verification just as before.

Like I said earlier it's really No Biggie since I have a set of restore disk coming.

But I also know using ones burn't off your computer are alot faster to use then the ones the factory sends you.

But thanks anyway for the advice, It was worth a shot....   :smileytongue:

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 5 of 12 (5,018 Views)

You must have done a factory reset via F11 or through Recovery Manager installed on hard drive itself. I guess OS image installed on hard drive in factory must be bad/corrupted, so do a factory reset using disks which you have and then create your own disks.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Intern
Pavilion_Breeze
Message 6 of 12 (4,997 Views)

kamat_hp wrote:

You must have done a factory reset via F11 or through Recovery Manager installed on hard drive itself. I guess OS image installed on hard drive in factory must be bad/corrupted, so do a factory reset using disks which you have and then create your own disks.

The disk shipped today, and I'll give it a shot once they get here.

Again Thanks...

Student
sanguineruby
Message 7 of 12 (4,004 Views)

hi even i purshased pavillion g6 1201tx yesterday and tried to create a backup for microsoft softwares bt samething happened it went to the verifying disc stage competed 10% error plz help.. also m told for g6 there is a tie up with microsoft so will i get the cds of the software.

Intern
Pavilion_Breeze
Message 8 of 12 (3,891 Views)

Yes as with me if you order a set of Recovery Disk for around $20.00 HP will send you a set to your specific laptop.

As for a hang up with the g6 and Microsoft that's interesting????

Maybe the three ie: HP/Microsoft/AMD can finally get together and figure out a "FIX" for the driver not responding "BUT" has recovered problem everyone has been having.

It's a "BLOODY" shame I've had my laptop almost 3 months and am still having this same problem over and over again.

No one certain thing causes it, playing games Minor or Major, surfing the net, watching videos what have ya.

I went along fine for weeks and then all of a sudden it started again....   :smileymad:

To tell you the truth I got so fed up with it I "FORMATTED" the entire HD and put a straight install of Win 7 HP on it just in hopes it would fix it and it didn't.

Many on here are having the same problems and it's not just AMD Based Lappy's that are having this problem.

You'd think they would find a way to fix it!!!!

Anyway GOOD LUCK with your problem and keep me posted. 

Student
Enthony
Message 9 of 12 (1,617 Views)

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion G6. When I run the laptop, on the screen shows message: Preparing Automatic Restore. After long time waiting still nothing happining... There is any website to download recovery disk image to burn into CD or DVD and run media recovery?

Thanks for help.

Honor Student
ruler130
Message 10 of 12 (693 Views)

I have tried to create a set of disks of recovery. As what concerns the first disk: everything was ok.

But when I inserted the second everything went wrong (Three times). What happened? How can I go on writing recovery disks?

Tanks for suggestions. Francesco

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation