Question

Student
Go4Best
Message 1 of 1 (1,388 Views)

How can I restore normal function of my laptop keyboard?

My laptop keyboard is having similar problems that this site corrected in the past. Certain keys on my keypad are not typing on-screen for some reason, which was never explained to me.  I ave to use my on-screen keyboard to type those keys that do not type, and my backspace key will not backspace as well, unless I use the on-screen backspace key,  So far the specific keys that do not type normally are the g, h, ', ", and the backspace key, as prior mentioned.  This problem has occurred in the past at least two or three times.  I have attempted to insure that all of my Updates are current, including the keyboard driver, but when I have done this system check, the screen message states the keypad is functioning without problems and there are currently no updates which address this problem.  I have noticed that this problem appears on most websites I use regularly, but when I ave used several of my Microsoft Office programs installed with my Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate package, all keys on my keyboard function normally.  Today I attempted to do an HP Update, and for the first time, I received a pop up message that a file was missing and gave a code, but would not proceed.  I believe the code was HPSU 0004.  I am very frustrated with tis annoying and repetitive problem, which P resolved in the past, but continues to reappear!  I ave even tried restoring my computer to an earlier date which did not ave this problem, but that as not helped either!  I am fortunate that I at least have the onscreen keyboard to correct the missing keys I attempt to type, but it is a time-wasting nuisance, and embarrassing when I do not catch numerous key's characters missing in many documents I have to respond to quickly.  PLEASE HELP!!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation