Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This computer is using Windows 8.1 I want to disable the touchscreen but haven't been able to figure it out reading other questions.  I don't have the same options under pen and touch as they have talked about. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are trying to find the steps to disable your touch screen. Please follow the troubleshooting

steps as shown below to disable the touch screen.

1. Go into Control Panel.

2. Click on "Hardware and Sound".

3. Click on "Pen and touch". Then click on the "touch" tab.

4. You should see an option use your finger as an input. Just disable this option.

Note: I will look for different steps if you are not able to find relevant option under Pen and Touch

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

At some point you may want to disable the touch screen to strictly use your Windows 8 tablet/laptop as a PC with the classic mouse and keyboard combo.

There's no built-in option to turn off the touch screen, but Into Windows has a quick workaround.

Here are the steps:

1. First, go to the device the manager by opening the "Charm Menu" and search for "Device Manager." If you don't see it, change the search filter to "Settings."
  2. Once in the Device Manager, expand "Tab." Then find "Human Interface Devices" and expand it.
  3. You should see several "HID-compliant device" listings. Some PCs will call it an HID-Compliant Touch Screen, but yours may vary—if you don't have a touch screen option, you may have to try each HID Compliant ____ until one works. When asked if you want to disable the device, select "yes." That's it! The touch screen on your Windows 8 device should be disabled.

To enable it again, just follow the same steps, but select "enable" instead. One important thing to remember: Once the touch is disabled, you'll need a keyboard and mouse paired with the device to undo it

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.