Question

Top Student
qverkk
Message 1 of 10 (258 Views)

How to clean HP Pavilion dv7-6b10ew

Hello, my HP Pavilion dv7-6b10ew gets crazy hot and melts some of the plastics inside. I want to know how to clean it, any instructions? Becaouse i was looking on internet for this and couldn't find anything for this model. Please help or give a guide how to disassemble your laptop. Thanks

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 10 (239 Views)

Re: How to clean HP Pavilion dv7-6b10ew

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide has all the information to remove and replace all the hardware components of the notebook.

The following weblinks will help to with different steps to clean your notebook and ensure that it does not get overheated.

HP Notebook PCs - Why Computers Generate Heat
All computers generate heat as a by-product of operation. This document explains why, and how it is not necessarily a problem.
HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
How to clean dust from air vents and components to reduce heat and fan noise.
HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal
Tips on what to do if PC case is hot to the touch, programs run slowly, or fan runs all the time
HP Notebook PCs - Cleaning your Notebook PC
Provides general information on keeping a notebook running properly by keeping it clean.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
qverkk
Message 3 of 10 (233 Views)

Well i can't remove rthe keyboard. When i insert a screw in that hole nothing happens..

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 10 (224 Views)

You need to put a little pressure to push the keyboard through that hole till it disengages and help you remove the keyboard.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
qverkk
Message 5 of 10 (221 Views)

I have tried to do that really hard but it doesnt move, just keyboard almost brakes.. Should i take this laptop to that shop where i bought it? I still have gwarancy
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 6 of 10 (219 Views)

If you are unable to open it using those instructions and as you are getting a feeling that the system would break, you can go to the reseller. But you can try other ways to clean the unit and see if it reduces the overheating. I never open keyboard for cleaning the notebook. I normally use vaccum cleaner to dust off.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Top Student
qverkk
Message 7 of 10 (213 Views)

Ok i shall try that. And what about that compresed air in that spray? Does that work too?
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 8 of 10 (211 Views)

yes...basically all this is to send forced air so that dust will be pushed out.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Top Student
qverkk
Message 9 of 10 (207 Views)

Okay, thank you sir. This thread can be closed :smileywink: helped me alot.
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 10 of 10 (205 Views)

Good to hear that the information helps.

***Click on STAR above “Kudos” to say thanks!***

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation