Question

Honor Student
gogson
Message 1 of 11 (102,182 Views)

How to run the recovery partition D ..HP Pavilion dv6-3030

I have a pavilion dv6-3030. I formatted a partition C and divided into two partitions C ( 100GB)and G(350GB). I installed my win 7 64bit Ultimate.
I have not deleted or formatted partition D (Recovery), I left this partition due to the return of the original win 7 home edition laptop back in its original condition.

A few days ago I bought myself a new HP Envy 17 3D.

HP Pavilion dv6-3030 I want to give a daughter, How to recover the original state pavilion dv6-3030.
F11 key does not work. I installed the HP recovery manager for Vista and did the upgrade to Windows 7, but not impossible to find a solution to recover.
On the D partition, there is the original recovery. I see that there WIM file (image).

Does somebody from HP support can explain how the HP Pavilion dv6-3030 back to its original condition as it was when it was purchased.
Thanks for your reply

best regards

Grad Student
neil_fl
Message 2 of 11 (102,178 Views)

Re: How to run the recovery partition D ..HP Pavilion dv6-3030

[ Edited ]

You might have to delete the new partition G:\ and merge it back to the original C:\ for recovery to work

gogson
Message 3 of 11 (102,165 Views)

The problem is not merge it back to the original C.
What you should do
Is he going to do F11
Is it safe to be able to return to the initial state.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 11 (102,136 Views)

Hi,

Try solution which is posted by CherylG here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
gogson
Message 5 of 11 (102,114 Views)

[ Edited ]

Before I put this question in the forum, I read all the options and suggestions from the internet and this forum.
I understand and I know a lot about computers, I'm not a beginner.
hmmm I do not have to choose "Mark Partition as Active", I do not know What is the word .. I have the option Open, exploreextend volume, shrink volume, add miror exc exc but I do not have Active partition .. But I found these instructions on this forum.
F10 key is in operation, the HP diagnostic.
Startup win7 laptop to boot from the hard disk.

There is a problem. I always have all the partitions Simple volume (green), I do not understand why they did not blue primary partition or logical ...

best regards

Honor Student
gogson
Message 6 of 11 (102,091 Views)

I converted the basic disk drive, partition D I put into active,  reboot,  F11 ..
It was not started backup orginal.

:smileysad:

What will I do now...Does somebody can help from HP support

thanks

Student
parminderssidhu
Message 7 of 11 (84,522 Views)

gogson wrote:

I have a pavilion dv6-3030. I formatted a partition C and divided into two partitions C ( 100GB)and G(350GB). I installed my win 7 64bit Ultimate.
I have not deleted or formatted partition D (Recovery), I left this partition due to the return of the original win 7 home edition laptop back in its original condition.

A few days ago I bought myself a new HP Envy 17 3D.

HP Pavilion dv6-3030 I want to give a daughter, How to recover the original state pavilion dv6-3030.
F11 key does not work. I installed the HP recovery manager for Vista and did the upgrade to Windows 7, but not impossible to find a solution to recover.
On the D partition, there is the original recovery. I see that there WIM file (image).

Does somebody from HP support can explain how the HP Pavilion dv6-3030 back to its original condition as it was when it was purchased.
Thanks for your reply

best regards

i don't have recovery place tell me how get windows 7

Student
Onrie
Message 8 of 11 (76,970 Views)

How do I restore my HP Pavillion HPE to its original condition from the partitioned D:

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 9 of 11 (76,667 Views)

Hello Onrie,

I understand you wish to run recovery from your recovery partition, is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you.

This link will give you step by step instructions on how to run a recovery your system. It also includes a video as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Top Student
faizandv6
Message 10 of 11 (51,012 Views)

i am trying to recover my notebook to factory settings without using recovery disks in windows 7.
but using whenever i try to recver from the system recovery file in control panel, when the computer restarts it says that there is no bootable media or recovery disk.
while using recovery manager, it says system recovery is disabled try using recovery media creation but recovery media creation says that recovery media has already been created once and it cannot be created again.
whenever i open the recovery file in the partition hard drive it says, this partition is for recovery donot alter or delete this partition. it has covered about 10 gb space but whenver i open it the file is empty and hp logo appears with instructions that its is fixed for partition donot alter it.
can anyone tell what to do?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation