Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1) HP Pavilion Entertainment PC FX280AV Laptop

2) Windows 7

3) Enter Admin Password or Power On password.

4) No changes, just update as usual.

5) I haven't access the BIOS in quiet a while.  Can this be done by a hacker or virus?  Someone could have have added this feature that was here I just find it unlikely they would do this. 

The System Disable number is [ 54262991 ]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Mike the code was 41140317.

Need help go to this site.

http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html

1. For HP Mini look for Hewlett-Packard/Compaq Netbooks 10 characters click on Windows binary.

2. For 5 digits look for Hewlett-Packard 5 decimal click on Windows Binary.

3. For 8 digits look for Insyde H20 8 decimal click on Windows Binary.

Download then run.

Please help others.

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

View solution in original post

520 REPLIES 520
HP Recommended

Hi

Unplug the PC and open the case. remove the RTC battery (silver and the size of a coin), press the power button. Look near the battery for a jumper that is labelled clr cmos or something close. remove the jumper and then put it back in the same position.

Please post your results.

I was unable to find any information on the motherboard but it is probably like virtually every other motherboard.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I didn't feel comfortable taking apart my laptop to get to the mother board. 

I researched some more and there is a web site that I went to that gave me a program where I key the disable code and I get the master password.  That worked and was easier. 

I can't seem to find the website now.  The exe was in pwgen-insyde.zip.  I got in just fine.

I ran the exe, entered my System Disabled key or hash, pressed enter.  It displayed another 8 digit number that I typed in on a usb keyboard to the laptop and I gained access.  Yahoo!

HP Recommended
Whoever you are, I thank you. Just had this exact same issue occur about a week ago on an HP laptop, and the fix you found worked perfectly.
HP Recommended

Mike the code was 41140317.

Need help go to this site.

http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html

1. For HP Mini look for Hewlett-Packard/Compaq Netbooks 10 characters click on Windows binary.

2. For 5 digits look for Hewlett-Packard 5 decimal click on Windows Binary.

3. For 8 digits look for Insyde H20 8 decimal click on Windows Binary.

Download then run.

Please help others.

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

hi thisis imtiyaz i had problem my laptop so many days i cannot open my laptop bios password is lock

HP Recommended

Welcome Channel.

After 3 failed passwords do receive a code???

Please post that code.

HP Recommended

i forgat power on password how i can remove any jumper or  ic chip repalce

HP Recommended

Welcome Iqrailmi.

After three faild passwords you should receive a halt code.

Post that code.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.