Question

Honor Student
doubmm15
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Lots of things going wrong

Alright. I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6135dx. I bought it in September of 2011. Which means oh joy, my warranty expired before all these things began happening. Yay.

I have tried to get in contact with HP Support with no luck at all.

Anyways here are the basics of the things happening with my laptop...

Well first off it USED to play Sims 3 and Zoo Tycoon 2 with NO PROBLEMS!
All of a sudden I now cannot play either of the games, at all. Zoo Tycoon 2 won't even load up to PLAY anymore. I could double-click to my heart's content on the desktop icon or open and close the disc drive as much as I want and it looks as though the laptop is about to start the game and then...nothing. Absolutely nothing. Sims 3? Crashes after 5 minutes of gameplay. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both of these games many many times. I have contacted both of the games support websites and stuff with no help. No idea what is going on.

My laptop now suddenly won't play BluRays at all. Not to mention the PowerDvD program that came with the laptop won't work either. And no, I'm not going to pay to get a different version of it. I want the one I got...

My HP SmartScan won't work now either. I used to be able to just scan my finger to open up websites. The little indicator near the keyboard will blink and everything but nothing opens. It works yet to get INTO the laptop (like the log-in screen) or if I use chrome and I have a password and username saved or something but otherwise? Nothing.

This doesn't happen too often but every once in a while I will get multiple tiny lines running horizontally across my screen, towards the top, flashing and being all spaztic. No idea what that is.

Finally, of what I can remember right now, is I have this odd pop-up that comes up every time the laptop is booted up. Something about my HP Connection Manager Service has stopped responding. Please exit and restart the application. No idea what this means. I also get some little pop-up that is black, think of like the OLD OLD boot up screen on OLD OLD Macs and stuff where it's the white text running down the screen, etc.

So any help would really be appreciated. I mean I could I guess always just back up EVERYTHING on the laptop and just completely restore it to factory settings but I'd rather not if I can help it. I am totally broke too so no I cannot send in my laptop for $50 just on the shipping and handling so I don't have it for weeks for school.

Grad Student
mc-713
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Lots of things going wrong

Considering the amount and type of your problems, I am afraid your best solution is to reinstall the operating system back to factory defaults. Back up your data and you can follow the instructions in this document to help you start the recovery..

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation