Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Reaching prt sc, sys re, pause and break without pressing fn,

Some functions on the buttons of the keyboard of the Elitebook 8770 are reached directly (which are located on top) while others (which are located below) need pressing “fn” to be reached.

I’m wondering if there is a way to switch this behavior such that functions on top needs “fn” while those below can be reached directly. If this is applicable, then if I need to print screen, for example, then I can press “prt sc” directly without the needs to press fn+prnt sc

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_3.jpg

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

-----------------
jamal Numan
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can change this behaviour as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ), then make the change shown in the document on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you very much DP-K for the help,

The link you have already provided is related to keys from f1 to f12 and irrelevant to other keys (shown in images I have already posted) For example, “home” and “prt sc” are in the same button. What I need is to reach the “prt sc” without pressing “fn”. In return, in this case, “home” is reached by pressing “fn”.

My issue here is to reach “prt” without the need to press “fn” as I do with the keyboard of my Sony.

Is that possible?

-----------------
jamal Numan
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.