Question

Student
JosephForman
Message 1 of 4 (9,672 Views)

how can i turn off the scroll lock? i do not see a key on my keyboard! this PC is very touchy!

Hello,

I have the HP dv6-6c35dx.  I am having problems with the keyboard being too touchy and it doing things on its own.  One of the problems is that "scroll lock" automatically turns on when I am working in Excel.  I do not see a key on my keyboard to disable scroll lock.  Now I have been saving all my work rebooting the PC to get "scroll lock" turned off.  What do I do to turn this off?  I do not realize that I am possibly activating scroll lock.  Also, I can not hit function keys directly.  My old pc I would hit "F2" and now I have to hit "fn" first and then hit "F2" befoire "F2" works properly.  What is wrong with this computer?  Another thing is that I am typing an email or a paragrah and all of the sudden the pointer will go to the begining of my paragraph and DELETE my ENTIRE email.  This is highly frustrating.  Sometimes I am able to hit "CTRL Z" to undo the deletion, but this computer is just too touchy!!!  My most important question is the scroll lock disable.  Please help as I have searched for a short cut key and I an cannot find it.  Thank you!!

Grad Student
mc-713
Message 2 of 4 (9,663 Views)

Re: how can i turn off the scroll lock? i do not see a key on my keyboard! this PC is very touchy!

You can turn off the hot key functions in the bios, so the function keys will work as you expect. You can find more info in the manual.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 3 of 4 (9,662 Views)

Re: how can i turn off the scroll lock? i do not see a key on my keyboard! this PC is very touchy!

Capture.JPG

If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, got to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the scrlk button."

Regarding the paragraph issue, i think the issue is because of touchpad. Please disable it and see if the issue persists.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
GUVAPS
Message 4 of 4 (5,527 Views)

Re: how can i turn off the scroll lock? BECAUSE THE SCROLL LIGHT HAS REFUSE TO OFF.

SIR I switch on my system only to discover that my hp labtop G7000 model labtop keyboard scroll num has refuse to off, each i tap some few botton the opposit appears which is inscripted together on the same key. so pls how do i switch of the scroll num from the control panel or how?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation