Question

Student
hfinley1
Message 1 of 4 (1,500 Views)

how do i restore laptop to its original settings

how do I restore my laptop to its original settings. Everything at the top of my computer is no longer the same. The favorites refresh button and the icon for my printer are no longer there to access

Tutor
Andrew51967
Message 2 of 4 (1,484 Views)

Re: how do i restore laptop to its original settings

If you right click on the desktop, refresh is there in a list.....

As for the printer icon, just go to start/control panel/hardware/printers....right click on your printer icon and create a shortcut to your desktop...

As for your favourites icon, start and select your name at the top of the pop up window. (under your log in image)......you will now find favourites.....right click on the folder and add shortcut....

Top Student
mark-rhodes
Message 3 of 4 (1,480 Views)

Hello, no offence to the guy who posted before me, but he did not answer your question.

if what he suggested does not work, or is not what you wanted, then you can try this.

when you got the laptop it should have come with either A) a recovery disk or B) a backup hard drive.

if you did not get a disk with the laptop, then this is how option b should work for you.

1. go to my computer

2. look for a hardrive icon called RECOVERY this is usually the D Drive

3. right click - restore previous versions.

4 . follow the wizard.

if you got a disk with the laptop, then insert the disk into your drive, and wait, if a wizard pops up, follow it.

hope to be of help

Tutor
Andrew51967
Message 4 of 4 (1,461 Views)

I feel a system restore may be a little drastic if I'm honest....unless his operating system is running badly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation