Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi, i've elitebook workstation 8560w. solid piece of hardware...

is there an option to turn of the hp logo light (back on the lid)?

thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Currently the only solution is a bit hardcore for most people. It involves disassembly of the lid and wiring in a switch to kill power to the led.

regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Unfortunately none of the HP notebooks have that option. When it is lit it stays on as there is no software control of the led.

Perhaps HP will consider this in the future to be a viable option.

regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I just wonder why they added extra led(s) for the logo...?

display's backlight would be enough for the logo too. and logo would shine only when display is in use...

I'm not sure if the logo's led wont burn-into the display (when laptop is powered on and lid is closed - display is off, but the logo is on - when you open the display you can see how it shines thru the panel... it is awfull!).

anyway, thanks for your answer, at least I know it is meaningless to try to find solution.

HP Recommended

Currently the only solution is a bit hardcore for most people. It involves disassembly of the lid and wiring in a switch to kill power to the led.

regards,

erico

HP Recommended

thanks, I'll check with local HP partner, what they would suggest.

HP Recommended

The solution I mentioned is a modification. Your local HP Partner proably won't do that officially.

regards,

erico

HP Recommended

that's why I would check with them first. noone wants to loose warranty...

HP Recommended
Precisely my point as well. It is my own policy not to make any suggestion that would void warranty without a disclaimer or a warning

regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Making the HP laptops use MORE power is just plain stupid.

HP reconsider this!

HP Recommended

Perhaps HP will give us their view on it instead of letting a bunch of yahoos give their halfbaked advice,

I mean they probably habe their storefront optimized to hell and back to show at the top of every search

but the moment I try looking for advice, is their an official HP answer HELL NO!

Why is this? Because they are a bunch of half asses, with an obviously huge share of the market

at least big enough for them to [edited by a moderator] and not give [edited by a moderator]. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.