Question

Honor Student
jma079
Message 1 of 3 (352 Views)

windows won't load,flashing screen

Hi my cousin has an Compaque HP persario CQ56 notebook pc, that she has only had for 9 months. everything was working fine until she turned it off and turned it back on later,when she turned it on windows didn't load it just went to a red Compaque screen that just blinks(,I'm not a tech expert or anything but I am familiar with what to look for because I have a laptop myself)  her Bios does work and I am able to enter indows start p through ESC I ran all of the tests and everything passed,I also noiced her notebook gets awful hot underneath and air flow do you know what could be causing her windows not to load? any help would be appreciated.she also doesn't have a recovery disc and I cant go safe mode.she runs windows 7 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

Re: windows won't load,flashing screen

Are there any messages appearing? Is there anything connected to the computer? If so, disconnect the devices. Also, make sure there are no discs in the drive tray. Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
Honor Student
jma079
Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: windows won't load,flashing screen

I already did that it didn't change anything,screen went black then back to the red blinking screen :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation