8600 printer will not wake up (668 Views)
Student
pawdawg
Message 1 of 7 (668 Views)
Accepted Solution

8600 printer will not wake up

HP 8600 printer will not wake up, if I unplug it the printer come out of sleep.  It is plugged into the wall socket. I am running XP

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 7 (656 Views)

Re: 8600 printer will not wake up

[ Edited ]

How is it connected?

Is the 8600 firmware up to date?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
kenlevi
Message 3 of 7 (417 Views)

How is this a solution?
Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 7 (409 Views)

Hi kenievi, same ? for you.

How is the 8600 connected?

Firmware up to date?

Operating system?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
kenlevi
Message 5 of 7 (406 Views)

I have a wireless connection with the top of the line ASUS router. I am using windows 7 (64bit).
I did update the firmware but just notice there is another one posted just 2 days ago. I just updated to that version. I will know tomorrow if it wakes up.

thanks
Ken
Regents Professor
8lives
Message 6 of 7 (404 Views)

Ken, two more things that may help solve this problem.

Make sure the 8600 is connected directly to the wall power plug.

Use a static IP for the 8600.

I do not work for HP.
Student
ctbram
Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]

Not just NO but HELL NO! This is NOT solved for me. I have the printer connected directly to a wall socket, I have the latest drivers and printer firmware. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64. I also own a hp m401dw on my netwrok and it wakes up just fine!

With the oj 8600 once it goes into sleep mode I can still ping it with no packet loss and I can even go to its web interface and it says it's ready and online! But when I send a job I just get a popup saying the printer is unreachable and I only have the option to cancel the print request. Then if I power cycle the printer the job prints even if I had selected the only option which was cancel!

I can even go touch the touch screen and wake the printer up and print locally and it will print from the touch screen but still will say unreachable if I try to print from the network.

I must power cycle the printer in order for jobs submitted from the network AFTER the printer has gone into sleep mode to print!!!!

This is making me want to take a bat to this printer and I am sick of HP trying to blame it on EVERYTHING but the printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation