03-24-2011 09:16 AM
I have an HP Deskjet 6540 and it had been working fine,but all the sudden it is printing everything with multiple, filled in black boxes throughout the document. I have replaced the black ink, cleaned both of the ink cartridges & unplugged the printer.
Is anyone familiar with this or have any other suggestions??
03-25-2011 07:23 AM
Hi - A few things to try. First, verify that when you're printing, the DJ6540 is selected and that it hasn't accidentally gotten switched to a different printer driver.
Second, does it happen from any application and document or just one? If just one, try printing from other apps or print another doc. It could be a corrupted document.
Third, disconnect the USB cable from both the printer and the computer, turn off the printer, reconnect and then power the printer back up and try it again.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
06-28-2011 02:16 PM
I am having the same problem and none of these things are the problem. I am having this problem with PDF files and Google Documents, but not from webpages or Microsoft Office. Not having any photo printing issues either. I have an HP Photosmart premium, something or other.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper