Question

Student
Clasky
Message 1 of 3 (762 Views)

Black box blotches when printing

I have an HP Deskjet 6540 and it had been working fine,but all the sudden it is printing everything with multiple, filled in black boxes throughout the document.  I have replaced the black ink, cleaned both of the ink cartridges & unplugged the printer. 

Is anyone familiar with this or have any other suggestions??

Please help.

Thanks.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (727 Views)

Re: Black box blotches when printing

Hi - A few things to try.  First, verify that when you're printing, the DJ6540 is selected and that it hasn't accidentally gotten switched to a different printer driver. 
Second, does it happen from any application and document or just one?  If just one, try printing from other apps or print another doc.  It could be a corrupted document.

Third, disconnect the USB cable from both the printer and the computer, turn off the printer, reconnect and then power the printer back up and try it again.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Student
KeriJMiller
Message 3 of 3 (613 Views)

Re: Black box blotches when printing

I am having the same problem and none of these things are the problem.  I am having this problem with PDF files and Google Documents, but not from webpages or Microsoft Office.  Not having any photo printing issues either.  I have an HP Photosmart premium, something or other.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation