Question

Student
maetyk
Message 1 of 4 (3,538 Views)

C4580 Printing Multiple Copies

Recently my C4580 printer has been printing unwanted multiple copies of pages. This has been happening in more than one program, so I cannot blame it on a program. I have checked to make sure that only "1 copy" is requested. The printer usually prints the one copy I requested, then two additional copies. I have tried searching for similar problems from this model but haven't had any luck. I believe this started after I installed the latest update.

To stop printing the copies I have to manually hit the cancel button on the printer, then cancel the document out of the printer box.  Anyone have any solutions to this?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (3,519 Views)

Re: C4580 Printing Multiple Copies

There wasa similar issue posted and resolved here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
terrywang0511
Message 3 of 4 (2,767 Views)

My C4580 also has this problem, I dont want any manual solutions, Does HP has new update to fix this problem? Please help! Thanks!

Student
davidm1027
Message 4 of 4 (2,282 Views)

[ Edited ]

maetyk wrote:

Recently my C4580 printer has been printing unwanted multiple copies of pages. This has been happening in more than one program, so I cannot blame it on a program. I have checked to make sure that only "1 copy" is requested. The printer usually prints the one copy I requested, then two additional copies. I have tried searching for similar problems from this model but haven't had any luck. I believe this started after I installed the latest update.

To stop printing the copies I have to manually hit the cancel button on the printer, then cancel the document out of the printer box.  Anyone have any solutions to this?

Had the same problem on HP4380 when using printer wirelessly over port 192.168.1.100.  Tried all solutions shown on link above , to no avail. Finally, on the theory that the print spooler was NOT receiving return communications from the printer over the router port for my wireless printer, I checked my Zone Alarm firewall and set the Internet Security Zone to low/medium.  Problem fixed.  No more multi-copies.  Print once, get one copy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation