05-11-2010 01:29 PM
Our HP Color LaserJet CP2025 jams continuously when using 8.5x11 cardstock paper. Here are the particulars:
Operating System: Windows XP
Program Software: Microsoft Word 2000 & Windows Explorer using an Adobe based Web Printing Service
Before I print with cardstock (110lb, 199g/m2), I go to the printer properties and change the paper settings to cardstock/heavy. I have tried every paper type setting, from HP Cover Matte 200g to Mid-Weight 96-110g, with the same results, jam after jam after jam....you get the idea. No matter the setting, I get the same results, a few (2-3 max) pages will print but then it jams. Please help!
09-08-2010 05:06 PM
Seems there is a problem with the rollers in the CP2025's. Ours started to jam within the first week of purchase.
We have tried different paper, opened and used new reams of paper, tried different paper brands (all LaserBond) and we get about 4 to 5 jams per day using standard 90gsm.
09-09-2010 08:13 AM
There is clearly something wrong here. WIthout seeing it, I have a few ideas for you to check:
1. Are the paper guides in the tray set properly? If they are too loose the paper can feed skewed and you get more jams. Also make sure that the size of paper your driver is set to and the size the printer is set to are the same.
2. Remove the tray and make sure that the bypass path (the little slot above the tray where paper feeds from the tray 1, or manual feed tray must latch up on both sides.
3. Did it ever work well? One thing that causes repeating jams is if you leave a shred of paper in the paper path after removing a sheet. Some times the first jam you get is just random, but when you pull out the sheet, it tears and you leave a little bit of paper inside, and that bit of paper hangs up following sheets, and you never work right until you find it.
Other than that, some times by looking at the front edge of the sheet when you remove it from the printer, you get a clue as to what it is hitting.
09-10-2010 08:55 AM
Heavy paper has a tough time going around the corners in the paper path. You can eliminate 1 big turn by feeding this paper try tray 1, the flip down tray in the front. The pick mechanism for the tront tray is often designed to better feed heavy paper.
05-29-2012 09:15 AM
Our Laserjet CP2025 has started to jam after every 1-3 pages for no apparent reason. We have not changed the paper used, I have checked for any bloackages or stray bits of paper and I've ensured the guides are tight against the paper but it continues to jam. Interestingly, all of the colour laserjets in our department have started to experience the same problem, though they are not all CP2025s. All jam in tray 2 and many of the jams are phantoms. One of the printers is over 4 years old while the CP2025 is barely 2 years old. I am close to replacing every printer with another brand, so any advice would be appreciated!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper