HP DeskJet 930c doesn't print after replacing cartrdiges (2456 Views)
Student
SMoore59
Message 1 of 2 (2,456 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DeskJet 930c doesn't print after replacing cartrdiges

After replacing the black ink cartridge and performing cartridge alignment page, the printer goes through all the motions of printing but puts out a completely blank page.  I also changed out the color cartridge and alligned with absolutely nothing on the alignment page.  Tried printing a test page with same results.  Cleaned contacts on both black and color cartridges and the cartridge holder to no avail.  Again, replaced both black and color cartridges with new ones at the same time, printer appears to be printing an alignment page, but again paper comes out completely blank with no ink on it.

I uninstalled the printer and software, shutdown and restarted the computer, downloaded the hp deskjet 930c series v4.3 program with drivers and get exactly the same thing.  The ink cartridges are a few years old, is it possilbe they don't have a long shelf life?  All four (4) were original HP black and color cartridges that had never been opened until placed into the printer.  According to the HP software toolbox, both cartrdiges are at 90%.

This printer has worked flawlessly for years and now I'm very frustrated that it won't work after re[;acomg ink cartridges.  Looking for suggestions on what to try next before considering replacing printer. 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (2,414 Views)

Re: HP DeskJet 930c doesn't print after replacing cartrdiges

The cartridges do have a shelf life, although typical failures for out of date color cartridges would be cyan or yellow failing, it would be unusual for all three colors to fail.  You can check the cartridge dates as shown in this page.  

You could verify the issue is the cartridge by removing the cartridges and gently blotting the printhead on a damp tissue.  Good cartrdiges will give a strong stripe of cyan, magenta and yellow for the #78 and two strong strips of black for the #45.  If the cartridges do not give a strong blot (or have no blot at all) a fresh replacement cartridge may resolve your issue.  You may be able to recover an old cartrdige by soaking the cartridge nozzles down in about 1" of very hot water for ten minutes or so.

If the cartridges do give a strong blot on the tissue but nothing on the page then it is possible there is an electrical issue with the printer drive electronics.  This would not be economical to repair.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation