Question

Student
dum1
Message 1 of 12 (11,572 Views)

HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one printer. Printing at a very slow pace

Printer is responding to print command, but is printing at a very slow pace.  A full page can take over 5 minutes.  The pages print correctly. Printer was working well up to the minute it started this problem.  Any suggestions?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 12 (11,562 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one printer. Printing at a very slow pace

This is caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
paulied88
Message 3 of 12 (11,159 Views)

Thanks this worked for me...love my printer as it always works so well so was pleased it was nothing fatal after all - tried everything else but this was the simple fix

Student
Nemo24
Message 4 of 12 (11,038 Views)

[ Edited ]

How do I print a test page without a cartridge?  I get an error message that tells me to install the cartridge.  I'm getting a line abotut every minute or so.  Thanks.

Student
5610GREATMACHIN
Message 5 of 12 (10,681 Views)

Hi,

I just experienced this issue. First, the 5610 has been a great product, purchased mine in 2007 and still kicking out just great in Windows 7 platform, though I wish they wouldn't have made a new GUI the other was just fine except print preview on scan not retaining size elements. I keep an empty color cartridge in mine as it is too costly (HP goldmine) as dries out if not used and I don't use it much, have to have one in the slot though with black to operate. I just get my black refilled as needed, mostly just scan, fax, copy on this machine and laser jet anything else which saves a lot $ a year. So, reinstalled  drivers, a few times....manually cleaned the inside...well, point aside I cleaned the contacts on the color ink cartridge (rubbing alcohol) and had to replace the black cartridge. Cleared the machine, pull power on back & plug back in while pressing # and 6 at the same time, did this a few times as had queue stuck...reset, powered on and system cleaned cartridges, aligned cartridges, recycled machine back on (tower)...works fine now. I am happy, this printer has made it through my almost entire college years and current businesses over five years and as other post, hope it keeps ticking and HP doesn't replace with junk too. 

Student
sidhartapal
Message 6 of 12 (6,701 Views)

The printer is printing at a very very  slow rate . It happened all of a sudden . After repacing both the  printer cartridges it was working  fine for more  than a month .The  printer is about is about 7 years old

Kindly resolve the issue.

Sidharth

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 12 (6,697 Views)

sidhartapal wrote:

The printer is printing at a very very  slow rate . It happened all of a sudden . After repacing both the  printer cartridges it was working  fine for more  than a month .The  printer is about is about 7 years old

Kindly resolve the issue.

Sidharth

This is caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
ajorrj
Message 8 of 12 (6,362 Views)

WHAT DID YOU DO I HAVE THE SAME THING??

Honor Student
ajorrj
Message 9 of 12 (6,361 Views)

HOW DO YOU DO A TEST PAGE ? (JUST MAKE A COPY?)  RICHARD

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 12 (6,357 Views)

ajorrj wrote:

HOW DO YOU DO A TEST PAGE ? (JUST MAKE A COPY?)  RICHARD

You probably cannot make a copy with one of the cartridges removed.  Print a page from your computer.  For example, print this page from your browser (right click and select Print).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation