Question

Honor Student
seagal28
Message 1 of 7 (5,333 Views)

HP Photosmart C4795 printing shadow

I have a HP Photosmart C4795 here at work. It has started printing out everything with a perfect shadow after the print. Makes the entire document unreadable. Is it a problem with an actual printer head or is it a font issue or something?? Any help would be great-thanks!

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 7 (5,302 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4795 printing shadow

HI,

It sounds like your cartridges need aligned.   Follow the steps in this document to align your cartridges and it should go away..

Align Print Cartridges

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
seagal28
Message 3 of 7 (5,297 Views)

Yep-that is what i thought ! I have tried basic trouble shooting myself.

When i print out the alignment paper it prints out perfectly.

But when i print out ANY other paper it has the gray shadow behind all of the black writing. Color ink looks fine, so it has me thinking it is with the black color only. Have installed different ink cart. and doesnt help solve the problem either.

Any more thoughts? thanks!!:smileyhappy:

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 4 of 7 (5,293 Views)

Hi again,

You might try the steps in this document:

Print Quality Troubleshooting

It may be the cleaning steps in Solution 6 step 6 that may eventually help.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
seagal28
Message 5 of 7 (5,283 Views)

thanks for replying again!

to no avail has any of this worked~I have tried the following;

Aligned the print Cart.

Cleaned Print Cart.

Print test page

Print sample page

Paper feed cleaning

Back of page smear cleaning

Print quality diagnostic report

everything printed off ok except the test paper that lists the a-z and the different color blocks-

the black printing all has the shadows.....the frustration mounts.......lol thanks!

Student
kathleenlatlip
Message 6 of 7 (4,333 Views)

Mine was printing with a shadow too and after searched through several forums for the answer, I did the following two things and it FINALLY STOPPED!! YAY!!!

1. I took out the black ink and popped it back in.

2. I pressed Print on my MAC, I changed the preset from "Plain Paper" to "Standard".

I think #2 is what did it, cause this all started when I changed my paper settings to print labels.

Good Luck - hope this helps someone else solve it!

Student
ImDocHolliday
Message 7 of 7 (4,315 Views)

Here's what I have found.  When the print quality is at the Normal setting, black text on white background prints fine. When the print quality is changed to the Best setting, all text is shadowed. However, if you have a colored background to the text (other than the white paper), you will always get shadowed text regardless of the print quality setting. I aligned the print cartridges and the problem went away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation